QuittingAdderall.com Forums

back at it again

Shorti125

Well the last time I came on here I wanted to quit .. well I had no choice anyways because I took all my pills .. I was off of adderal for about a month the withdrawls sucked .. but I dealt with it an napped with my daughter . But I wasn't fully there ... well the doctor gave me another script for 20mg twice a day .. I told my mother what I did the last two times so I have my mind set on not taking it like I have an only twice a day ... they really ddo help me focus an do things with my daughter but I don't wanna fall again .. ladt time I wouldn't talk to anyone wouldn't leave my house .. the time I didn't have the adderal I was so hyper by the end of the day I tired myself out .. I would forget simple things right away .. today was the first day back on it an I am focus an not forgetting anything .. as long as I have the support from my mother that if I slip she will take my pills an give me my doses for the day ..

• Like 1

I never thought I would be off my adderall, I used it for 9 years and trust me I needed it, or at least I thought I did. Today is day 38 off of my pills. And although I do have a hard time concentrating at times, it's getting better and better every day. I am slowly seeing the old me come out. Like lunax, I was in denial for years that I wasn't abusing it and that I needed it. And even when I knew it was abusing it, I would get my rx filled (I was prescribed 10 mg 5x a day so I got 150 pills at once) and convince myself I would take it as prescribed but it always turned into "just one more"...I know the feeling of forgetting things, procrastinating, and being super add. I am a nurse in a busy ER and concentrating and thinking on my feet is a must for me. Although it's difficult some days, it's getting easier and I love being able to laugh and wanting to hang out with friends more and not just sit in the house popping pills. If you even have the slightest thought of quitting I encourage you to give it a try :)

• Like 4

I never thought I would be off my adderall, I used it for 9 years and trust me I needed it, or at least I thought I did. Today is day 38 off of my pills. And although I do have a hard time concentrating at times, it's getting better and better every day. I am slowly seeing the old me come out. Like lunax, I was in denial for years that I wasn't abusing it and that I needed it. And even when I knew it was abusing it, I would get my rx filled (I was prescribed 10 mg 5x a day so I got 150 pills at once) and convince myself I would take it as prescribed but it always turned into "just one more"...I know the feeling of forgetting things, procrastinating, and being super add. I am a nurse in a busy ER and concentrating and thinking on my feet is a must for me. Although it's difficult some days, it's getting easier and I love being able to laugh and wanting to hang out with friends more and not just sit in the house popping pills. If you even have the slightest thought of quitting I encourage you to give it a try :)

love this...so proud of my sober sister  :wub:

• Like 1

Lunax I only abused it the first two times I got the meds .. first time was he gave me 10mg twice a day an it wouldn't last so I would take one extra so he up ot to 20mg .. that time I really abused it .. but I have a daughter an don't wanna go through that again .. not having them I was tired an couldn't function at all .. two weeks later I was back to my hyper self .. but I don't think I would go looking for them .. my mom would watch me like a hawk.. llwilson I did that exactly said one more will be fine .. I just don't wanna abuse them an see if they really will help me .. I am actually read the driving manual to get my permit an remember what I read .. more focus on my daughter also .. this is only my third script so I know of I get out of hand then I have to talk to my doctor or even better my mother . She always talks some sense into me ... congrats on the 38 days also .. this last time I really over did it an I don't want that feeling again it was horrible .. Just hoping if I do slip I can have some support from people that actually have been through this .. I was just diagnosed with adhd ... thanks for replying

This is definitely the place to come if you "slip" again. But just know that all of us are on here to try to quit for good not just to learn how to take our meds as prescribed.

I hope that you take some time to read through others posts and realize that you should quit before it gets out of hand. Adderall is addicting as fuck! I have really bad ADhD as well but I know that adderall is not the solution. I am learning to except my nuttiness one day at a time.

• Like 2

this is only my third script so I know of I get out of hand then I have to talk to my doctor or even better my mother . She always talks some sense into me

This worries me a little bc this is the way my brain thinks too. The problem was once I got addicted I wanted to hide it, I didn't want help until I just couldn't stand it anymore. But by that point adderall had already taken so much out of me. I don't want you to get in too deep to where you're not gonna want help. Just be mindful of that and like lunax said read through these posts!