QuittingAdderall.com Forums

kava (kava) and l-theadine

Anyone tried these? Comments, experiences, thoughts?

I recently purchased kava tea by yogi and kava in capsulated form (natrol brand) as a means to help with insomnia and anxiety.

along with that I ordered l-theanine. haven't taken it yet...still taking melatonin gummies at the recommended dose and valerian root capsules. theyre relatively (mildly) effective.

thoughts?

Hi Kori read all about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kava

I have taken Kava Kava in several forms. The liquid extract and high grade powder are more potent than pill form. It gives the body a nice relaxed feeling and reduces mental anxiety. I love it and use the powder in a milkshake as a weekend treat, sometimes.

There are some health concerns especially a danger of liver toxicity. Kava is banned in some countries (listed at the end of the Wikipedia piece) If you don't take it every day and for long periods of time, you should be okay, in my experience. Use it in moderation. Even good things taken to excess will harm you, like chocolate. Maybe that is a good analogy for Kava consumption. Take it as you would take chocolate—once in a while.

• Like 1