QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Congratulations Jon

ashley6

Wow, it's already been 5 months? Congratulations Jon!! 12 years is a long time to be on adderall I can't even imagine.

Me neither. I guess I was covering up a lot of pain in the begining, then I started working rotating shifts.....

It could always be worse.

Thank you Blesbro.

• Like 1

Congrats Jon! How does it feel?

Thank you everyone for your valuable support. I feel like I know you all as friends as well as a support team.

I wish time spent in recovery could paint a more accurate account of where a person really is in terms of healing, but time itself falls short in that respect. Everyone’s experience is unique to them. I can only say that I am in a better place now than I was at the start. I’ve experienced noticeable, but not notable, improvements in stamina and focus. I am still haunted by sleepless nights and have days when I do nothing at all. I always take aim at getting just one thing accomplished a day. There are still days where I miss the mark.

I plod along each day with the knowledge I that am slowly improving and healing, It is out of conscious reach, but I sense it, and sometimes I can feel my heart glow because of it. My heart never felt anything on Adderall. Now there is a definate sign of healing!

• Like 2

At 6 months I didn't notice much change either. It's still a milestone, in that, it's a half of a year you've worked towards a happier life. Things will get better in time. You seem to have the patience that's so important in recovery! Keep on keepin' on...

I agree, I had kind of a "light bulb" moment around the 7 month mark but was still pretty thick at 6 months.

• Like 1