QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Cold Turkey: Suggestions, Advice; encouragment

inlovingmemory

I have 5 pills left and I can not do the weening thing for lack of pills. I ate about 10 20 mg. today and am ready for the devil's wrath momentarily. Here is my main concern: I have infant twins to care for until they go back to daycare Tuesday. I have no family help, reli :unsure: able friend- I am soley responsible for them. Do you have any suggestions on coming off adderall while raising infant twins on your own- This week I cannot spend any thing extra for suppliments.

thanks

Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on deciding to quit. Quitting is a good way to start off the new year.

Even in the very beginning, you should still be able to function, you just may feel lousy or just nervous while you are functioning, unfortunately... A lot of people seem to feel some combination of depression, fatigue and lack of motivation...also hunger and anxiety...

For me, personally, I was attacked with serious depression at first. The effexor I was on, really helped me in the initial days. I was just terrified of letting the adderall go. I want to emphasize though it got a lot better.

The severity of your comedown will probably be determined by how severely you were addicted. Some people just need some extra coffee to get through the day, and some don't even want to leave their bed. I was at 250 mgs a day...and I was doing that every single day for a long time...so I unfortunately fell in the 'don't want to leave bed' category...

Just keep in mind that no matter what, you'll be able to go through the motions even if you don't feel like doing anything... and just keep reminding yourself everything gets better as time passes. Keep reminding yourself that you have to go through this in order to be free from it...

Now is a great time to surround yourself with comfort. I read another adderall addict talking about how Family Guy episodes were a great distraction for the horrible days after his quitting adderall in which he was still hearing voices from adderall induced psychosis.

For me, it was episodes of 24.

Just hang in there, keep up your motivation to quit, and keep going through the motions and it'll get better. And remember, don't let any thoughts of going back on adderall creep into your head. You can do this..

Anyway, those are my two cents... Please keep posting and keeping us up to date!

I have 5 pills left and I can not do the weening thing for lack of pills. I ate about 10 20 mg. today and am ready for the devil's wrath momentarily. Here is my main concern: I have infant twins to care for until they go back to daycare Tuesday. I have no family help, reli :unsure: able friend- I am soley responsible for them. Do you have any suggestions on coming off adderall while raising infant twins on your own- This week I cannot spend any thing extra for suppliments.

thanks

I quit "cold turkey" two weeks ago. I took adderrall XR (60 mg/a day) for 6 years. For the last two, however, I've been on Vyvanse (140 mg/day). I was believing I couldn't live without the drugs. I never abused, but still felt if I didn't medicate, I was worthless in terms of productivity. After, experiencing poor health and chronic chest pains for about a 4 months, I felt I had no choice but to quit.

Right before quitting, I spent a couple days reading everything on this site. Honestly, it almost scared me out of quitting. My response was basically, "I can't afford to quit now. I don't have a month to waste in withdrawl. I have to be able to get a few things done each day." I mean there are some real horror stories on here and they scared me. Anyway, I still had about 40 pills left so I figured if quitting cold turkey got too hard, I would try to wean off instead. So two weeks ago, I stopped taking the pills. COLD TURKEY! And I was a bit pessimistic about my chances.

Honestly, the withdrawl wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. Day 4 was the worst, but manageable. I loaded up with fish oil and tyrosine throughout each day. I also started each day with about an hour workout. The other thing I did was avoid any type of carbs until late in the day. Protein, exercise and supplements were my strategy. And I'm very satisfied with the results. Diet and exercise are huge when quitting!

The best part is that I feel great. I feel normal. I feel like me! I'll never be that mega-productive beast I once was while taking adderall/vyvanse. But even without it, I'm already experiencing productivity in many areas. And here's the best part, I enjoy what I'm doing. For the first time in a LONG time, I can sit back, relax and enjoy the activities of my day.

You have twins! For their sakes, you need to come off this medicine immediately. Three nights ago, I played Wii for almost three hours with my 2 kids. And you know what I was thinking while playing with my kids? NOTHING! I was just enjoying being with them and showing them how much I loved them. A month ago, I would have made myself play with them for 30 minutes, but the whole time I would have been thinking about all I had to get done for my job. Now, I enjoy wasting time with them and drinking up the moments we have together. For me, adderall & vyvanse made that impossible. I love the new me! Oops.. . I mean the real me! I'm a better husband and father for quitting. I'll never go back again!

You can do it! The results are more than worth it!

• 5 months later...

you know i completely forgot about this site, it was inactive for so long and now so many new people have joined. I am not where I should or need to be. I am however really thinking about what would authenticate my life. I know being authentic would.... an NA meeting would work, 3 meetings a day and exercise and diet, and spirituality, would work too, Gosh the first day is not as bad as the third, I cannot talk to anyone about this. Meetings.... i have the schedule, I have the times, but...this graduate class I'm taking, right it ends Thursday and I will defiantly be out of the orange monsters by then. The endless predictable cycle of addiction. A week of physical withdrawal, a week of normalcy ending with anticipation of my next refill. I am powerless over this. I wish I could do what ya'll are doing.

My moods are violent, rageful and then pitiful as my memories race to and fro back and forth, and all I want to do is sleep. Its either up up up, or down get away from me I hate my life let me sleep.

any in the low country area of SC?

advice- advice- PLEASE reply with some advice,words, experiences, slap in the face, something

thanks

inlovingmemory