QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Success is failure to Failure, HOPE:)

chachie0011

success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm, quote I read somewhere, I'm battling 25 year addy script on and off age 31 and have adhd add, it strips me of my creative energy and supplements efficiency in anything and everything I do, seems like a good thing right? Wrong, it's the best camouflage drug in the world, it cripples me of moving forward,

Here's my story, if I reflect on age 18 to age 31 I can honestly say that during age 21 to 23 I was completely off from adderall and got my GED AND WENT TO COLLEGE DURING THAT TIME, see being adhd add means we can't settle for any old job so we go through multiple jobs and resources understanding failure far quicker through high quantities of fails therefore resulting in positive moves forward just like in chess :) ,

if I take the pill though I become efficient at what I'm doing like a robot amd I just stay stagnant so that for me ends up being years wasted being the best gas station attendant and years wasted being the best grocery bagger because instead of wanting to grow I just become a robot :( still battling this battle though and would love to be free of it but will have to say unfortunately I am not there yet :(

• Like 4

It's good that you realize that it keeps you stagnant! That was one of the biggest reasons that caused me to ultimately quit. I had big dreams and aspirations and I was not going anywhere with my life on adderall. If anything I was in reverse getting further and further from my dreams and goals every day that I took adderall. So eventually it became clear that quitting was the most important thing I needed to do.

• Like 1

I stayed stuck in jobs I hated for 5 years on Adderall because it made me so complacent. It makes you enjoy things you wouldn't ordinarily like. If everything is pleasant, then there's no sense in ever changing anything in your life or doing anything different. After awhile though, your life is not pleasant anymore. If you enjoy everything, there's nothing unenjoyable to compare it with. You can't have something without its opposite as a contrast.

When you quit, your life swings the other direction - everything sucks. Over time, you regain the balance between positive and negative that is the essence of a normal life.

• Like 3