QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hola gang,

Hope all is well. I'm trying my best to stay consistant on here so at times Im just posting to check in. It's 7pm my time and im watching Thor for the second time, love that movie, and getting ready to have spaghetti for dinner. Tomorrow is my first day back to work after having a week off. I love that I had the week to myself esp because it gave me time to go car hunting, but a long time off of work always makes me nervous because my memory has slipped so much and Im afraid ill be less efficient; or worse due to my "narcolepsy" condition, I will find myself in a brain fog that causes me to weaken and tire to the point I have to leave work. Recently, I was written up for leaving work early on several occasions, based on an attendance point system that appearently everyone must adhere to. So this worries me alot. For now I will just think positive thoughts. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow..Other than that, besides being kind of depressed today, my attitude is experiencing some upheaval, so that is good. To end, I wish everyone a good night and we shall chat manana...unless im too pooped. I have a long day of errands after work so lets make that tentative. For Now be Well My QA fam!

I love all of the Marvel comic movies, well Iron Man 3 wasn't as good as the others but that's asking a lot for the third in a trilogy. Going back to work after a 3 day weekend can give me a case of nerves so I feel you on that one. Just stick to it and you'll be back in the swing of things in no time!

I'm back to Day 1 because of the flu for the past 2 days. I removed the snow from the driveway and sidewalk then I played with the kids in the snow for 5 minutes. The -15 degree windchill caught up with us at that point so it was inside for hot cocoa.

• Like 1

Hope you are feeling better Jus. It is that time of year you know. Im glad to see you are still plowing along with the challenge in spite of minor setbacks. Kudos!

Next week Im gonna try and rev up my action on the challenge, this week was plain nuts. For now I wont make any promises but I hope to build a slow momentum over the next two weeks, exercising, eating healthier, studying,etc...

Lastly, I'd like to wish everyone a very Merry xMas and a happy NY! Be WeLL!

Day 4 - snow removal, I would rather be working out instead but it's an hour of activity and that meets the details of the challenge.

Is anyone else experiencing fear at the thought of doing just about anything? I had some tasks added to my to do list this week and the thought of doing them scares me. These are mundane tasks like configuring a device to connect to our WiFi at home. Maybe I have been sedentary for too long?

• Like 1

It's not much, but it could lead to doing more. One can always have hope.

12/17 - 42 dumbell curles (all dumbell work done with a 10 pound dumbell)

12/18 - 21 pushups

12/19 - 51 shoulder military presses

12/20 - 40 tricep kickbacks

12/21 - 5 mile walk

12/22 - 22 front shoulder raises

12/23 - a day of rest

P.S. you guys sure like to drive nice cars!

• Like 1

Day 4 - snow removal, I would rather be working out instead but it's an hour of activity and that meets the details of the challenge.

Is anyone else experiencing fear at the thought of doing just about anything? I had some tasks added to my to do list this week and the thought of doing them scares me. These are mundane tasks like configuring a device to connect to our WiFi at home. Maybe I have been sedentary for too long?

First I'd like to say good job on your pledging! And second

Yes, I too experience fear and anxiety whenever uptaking any task, esp a new task no matter how mundane and it doesn't make much sense to me why this happens.

• Like 1

Good job on 48 minutes of Wi Fit exercise and an hour of shoveling snow, Justin! You are burning a lot of calories. I feel like my efforts are more like symbols that I still exist.

I get that fear of doing just about anything too. I have no idea why I get this way. I guess it's the loss of confidence Mike talks about that we have to go through after quitting.

I definately have loss of confidence and I am afraid of everything, especially afraid of just how deep I have buried my true self because I used for so long. I should really start a new thread for a discussion about this fear but I'm afraid that the feedback, if any, will be along the line of, "yeah man, you really fucked up."

There is a lot for me to respond to in the above conversation.  Regarding the snow removal, I welcome each snow storm as an activity opportunity.  Whenever possible, I use the shovel instead of the power equipment for the sake of physical exercise.

I even shovel the back steps / deck just for the dog.  Don't know much about the wi thing.

Regarding the fear of taking on a new task, I can totally relate to that.  Even tasks that are entirely my own, regardless of a deadline, I still get hung up on those.  And it seems like the more it matters, the harder it is to get started.  I found that work assignments with a deadline were (are) especially stressful, even if it is not difficult.  And when it is a task I have to figure out, that is when the paralysis sets in.  It gets a little better with time, but I still struggle with this issue.  My confidence has mostly returned, thank goodness.  I still have to force myself to do certain social things and I am still rebuilding my courage to go out. 

Finally, Jon, you didn't fuck up any worse that anybody else around here.  We all fucked up by choosing to take a fucked up drug.  When it comes to the amount taken and the duration of the addiction, I have seen no consistency amongst the posters on this site.  Same thing with the challenges and length of our recovery periods.  I assume that those who have regularly posted then disappeared from the forums have either fully recovered or relapsed.  I can usually tell how committed to one's recovery is by the tone of their posts, and that usually remains constant.  Even though I come here often, I rarely think back to my life of addiction anymore.  If I can create an entire post (like this one) without using the A word, I know I have made significant personal progress in growing away from that time of my life.

• Like 2

Sorry to dissapoint you guys, but I'm not enough of a stud to shovel the whole thing.  I've done that once in the 10 years that we've lived here and that was enough.  It took me about 2 1/2 hours and it was only 2" of snow.  Now my hour of snow removal is about 20 minutes of shoveling followed by 45 minutes with the snowblower.

I've been attributing this fear to the mental fog that seems to have set in after adderall.  I believe that the foggy feeling is an impared working memory and that in turn impares our ability to learn and process new things.  Does that sound right to anyone?

Have you tried the Lions Mane mushroom?  It almost completely cleared my mental fog moments.  I have been taking it since last April and I have seen substantial and sustained improvement in my memory and cognition.  Lions Mane, fish oil and tyrosine are my main brain supplements and they are key to my tranquility and mental clarity.  When I do have brain farts, I can usually attribute it to drinking or weed.

• Like 1

Jus you are in my prayers! Q1, where can I find lions mane mushroom and how much does it cost?

Thanks FW, weather is still 50/50 so it's up in the air

I tried supplements and found no improvement but I am willing to try them again for the brain fog. Any suggestions for boosting metabolism?