QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I pledge to have my résumé and cover letter completely finished and start applying for jobs by February 3

Hey Ash,

Jumping back into the job market can be nerve wrecking. I was so happy to finally finish my resume and get a job. Even though its not the job of my dreams, for now its helping get the bills paid. I wish you luck on your job hunt! Great way to give yourself a timeline. Make sure you keep us posted on your progress. 

• Like 2

I pledge to shovel the driveway, steps, deck, a path to the bird feeders and keep the snow off the car in between work shifts.

I just ordered a 52" Extender snowbroom to help with the car.  It's made for SUV's, but I think it will be great doing my car without having to pull snow back on myself with the shorter broom I have now.

Good luck to everyone coping with winter hazzards this year!

• Like 2

I pledge to have my résumé and cover letter completely finished and start applying for jobs by February 30.

Ashley I am totally with you on this. I have to start doing that for internships and the whole process is a little daunting for me. Especially with work and exams. I think we should start an submit resume to 3-5 places a day thread!! That would be 21-35 resumes submitted per week.

For the most part our 12 mile running club has worked.

A thread about submitting 3-5 resumes is a great idea to help us stay accountable (me especially). I have no excuse why my résumé isn't done yet. I just haven't done it. There are probably more reasons than I realize (like fear), but that's really irrelevant when I just have to do it (hence the Ipledge :) ) When do you plan on starting submitting?

• Like 1

A thread about submitting 3-5 resumes is a great idea to help us stay accountable (me especially). I have no excuse why my résumé isn't done yet. I just haven't done it. There are probably more reasons than I realize (like fear), but that's really irrelevant when I just have to do it (hence the Ipledge :) ) When do you plan on starting submitting?

Ashley, My fear is also holding me back. But it just has to get done right?Submitting a resume is just a matter of filling out your information on a company website and uploading your resume and cover letter (well tailoring your cover letter to the job by basically changing the name of the position u r applying for and who you are addressing your cover letter to). If we do three a day, that is 21 for the week. 5 a day is 35 for the week. We can do them all in one day or pace with 3-5 a day. just like running.The more resumes we send out the higher the chances we have of hearing back from somewhere right? (I am looking for an internship over the summer, but if a good job comes my way I would totally look into working and dropping down to part time MBA)

Let's for sure start a thread on this....want to start it around February 28th??

edit - also Ashley, does your school have any upcoming internship/job fairs. That is a great way to get rid of some resumes to meet our weekly quota. :)

I forgot all about my no sweets pledge for this week and bought candy. In my favor however I remembered half way through eating my snacks and gave the remaining goodies away to son.I am proud of myself, that wasnt easy to do. i felt myself making excuses Like its too late now you're already eating them. But I was able to stop myself and give them away. Go me!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...