QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Any other substance abuse/self-sabotaging behaviors here?

whoareyoureally

I feel like Adderall itself is not the problem. It is like we are trying to escape from our own sober selves/our own issues using the most convenient methods available.

I am a sucker for novelty, I am very hyperactive-adderall seemed like the perfect fit: made all As, got skinnier, my friends would comment on how I was  so "calm, cool and collected." Then I began to abuse it, till it started to lose that euphoric feeling and bring me freaky health side effects. Then of course, I was a bore to others and to myself.

So I quit two weeks ago, have been feeling pretty amazing. But I can't stop thinking about What makes one person become addicted to this prescription medication and not others?

Off adderall, I feel happier but I am drinking more, due to the increased socializing. I am becoming restless in my relationship with my boyfriend. I keep thinking that he can't keep up with this new, livelier me. I am getting the urge to go out and meet new people (lots of novelty seeking behaviors).

Oh and not to mention the freakin binge eating....when does that go away? Luckily I went grocery shopping and bought only healthy foods..but I've gained about 10 pounds just in the last 2 weeks.

Whatever.

Anyways, share your thoughts!

Just trying to find my way back home to myself. Trying to make sense of this mess I've made.

• Like 2

Careful with drinking, I have noticed lately that I am able to drink more but the problem is that alcohol is a depressant and it can put you into a funk the next day.  This funk could lead to a relapse if you don't handle it properly.

I gained 25 pounds this year and I feel your pain regarding the binge eating.  I made a promise to myself this week "No eating after 6pm".  I had 1 Ritz cracker last night at 9:30 but that is it.  So far, it looks like I might be down 2 pounds but I don't want to jinx it as it could just be a fluctuation.

You will find your way back and you will find an improved, stronger version of yourself when you come out the other side of this mess.  Don't be too focused on being a mess though, we are all a mess; nobody has it all worked out, nobody.

Thanks for staying on here and participating in the community.

• Like 2