Greg

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

436 posts in this topic

ALL NEWBIES - FEEL FREE TO JOIN. We have been doing this for a year -- and if you ask all of us regulars -- IT WORKS!

We are a bunch of former adderall addicts in recovery. We check in every Sunday to ensure we reached our 12 miles for the week.

Studies show a correlation between running and staying clean. Not to mention the numerous health benefits of cardio.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 people like this

Check in Sunday everyone! I am up to 20 miles this week and I am about to hit the gym because I ate myself to death this week.

Also I started a new thread because the old one is like thousands of pages long!!!

I did about 8miles on a treadmill this week. Too damn cold to go outside

Nice job!

Now just 4 miles today - and youll make it to 12.....you can do it!

Alright -it's 7:15pm. I ran 28 miles for the week. hahahah I was totally motivated to run off the milky ways, giant sized chocolate bars, chocolate boxes, movie theater popcorn, cheese wedges, and buckets and buckets of ice cream. I dont think 28 miles was nearly enough. But next week I am running more than 12 miles for sure!! 

PS I am sick of icecream now. thank goodness.And I think I got all my cravings from school satisfied lol.

2 people like this

Wow...28.....nice work, sir!!! did 7. Not 12....again, but I am a little happy I did accomplish that after taking so much time off...one of my New Years resolutions....completely recommitting to this club for reaaaaal!

1 person likes this

good job ashley! I have so much junk food i need to run off -- i dont think 28 miles was enough! I probably needed to run 100 miles.

I love your new years resolution!!  :D

Well I'm still at 4 for last week.  My body said NO to the 8 mile run yesterday!   I'm excited for this week though. i'm with you Ashley, lets get back on it!!

2 people like this

4 adderall-free miles to match your adderall-free 4.0 GPA!!!!   You're so badass InRecovery!!!!  :D

3 people like this

Check in Sunday! 26 for me. I've been eating a lot of junk on break and can't seem to stop so I must keep running it off. How did everyone do?

Occasional r u done with finals??

Been walking a lot and running on the treadmill. I have no idea how many miles I've logged but its more than 12. 

2 people like this

Been walking a lot and running on the treadmill. I have no idea how many miles I've logged but its more than 12. 

Great job!!!

1 person likes this

Good job in recovery! This is my second week in a row with 0 miles running. But: I've spent the holidays in the wilderness staying active, climbing mountains and xc skiing. No excuses though :) Back at it this week!

1 person likes this

InRecovery and Zerokewl,

Good work!!! I officially bombed this week with a big fat 0. Ahhhhh! This running New Year's Resolution is going to be for real. It'll help me find my motivation/dedication again. But no excuses, I just didn't go this week.

And Cat too. That's good exercise!

1 person likes this

Good job in recovery! This is my second week in a row with 0 miles running. But: I've spent the holidays in the wilderness staying active, climbing mountains and xc skiing. No excuses though :) Back at it this week!

Climbing mountains and xc skiing count too! :)

1 person likes this

I only got 6 miles this week.  I did them all in one day.   But at least I'm FINALLY done with finals!!!! :D

3 people like this

I only got 6 miles this week. I did them all in one day. But at least I'm FINALLY done with finals!!!! :D

Congrats, The feeling of finals being over !! U must be loving it!

I've been spending a lot of time at my boyfriend's house (which is an hour away from my gym), so you'll all understand how excited I was to hear he's getting a treadmill! I'm really pumped because this will make getting my miles in so much easier!!! I thought my 12-mile club would understand my excitement about a treadmill :)

4 people like this

that is very good news Ashley!! :D

I have run 37 miles this week! Why so much? I have gained 10 pounds since I got home  :wacko2:

Lesson of all this - don't go crazy and eat everything in sight just because its the holidays and also

running a LOT does not equal eat whatever and however much you want. :ohmy:

3 people like this

Check in Sunday everyone!

( :o it is amazing how easy it is to gain 10 pounds, but how hard it is to lose 10 lbs  :o )

2 people like this

Good job InRecovery and ZK. I got 6 this week... this is after two weeks of 0. Kinda tough getting back into the swing of things.

3 people like this

Looks like a Chinook is coming, ( warm weather system today is 3F tomorrow will be 16F) , I should be able to walk some more this week.  

1 person likes this