QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

Greg

Thank you so much everyone, all your kind words and prayers -- they really mean a lot.

Liltex: a hug back your way! Thanks for being so awesome. I'm gonna try to stick it out with this Zoloft withdrawal. It has been pretty terrible. I've had the brain zaps as well. A few days after stopping, I couldn't even get out of bed. I do feel like a crazy person sometimes without it but overall, I'm getting my energy back, not so sleepy all the time or zombie like and I'm not hungry 24/7 or craving the naughtiest foods anymore as I was, which feels really nice. For a little bit there, I honestly thought I was either preggers or had a thyroid problem (bc of the side efforts from Zoloft) but then I recently learned Zoloft efforts your thyroid so I don't know, it's crazy. That's great though you were able to quit yours and your now starting to feel better :)

I did feel a little better yesterday. I just gotta take it day by day and try some non-med stress/anxiety techniques to help.

Great job everyone this week!

I ran 6.5 miles this week.

I wanted to run more but my legs were too sore.

ZeroKewl: hope you feel better!

• Like 1

Hey pals,

ZeroKewl: Great job with the signing up for the bootcamp, that's gonna be awesome.

Yesterday I just joined a gym (bc it's too flipping' hot to run midday in FL) so WOOT WOOT for that and I also just got a Groupon for one month unlimited yoga so I am on the path to fit, healthy and beach body again! I took a little detour the last month :/ As a birthday gift I also got a gift to go see a Wellness doctor with B12 shots and stuff like that so I'm excited to do that soon!

I feel a lot better right now without the Zoloft and I hope it stays this way (knock on wood).

I didn't get anything in during the week :( super busy with work

- Sat: 30min intervals on the treadmill and 20min on the elliptical
- Sun: Power walked 2.50miles with Mac (my dog) and 2.22miles with Velvet (my other dog)

• Like 4

Hey good job InRecovery and Ashley. Hope you feel better Zerokewl. And way to join a gym SC.

This week I did 18.5 miles with a long run of 11 miles today. My half marathon is in two weeks. I've been kind of slacking at getting runs in during the week lately, so I'm planning to try and make time no matter what to get in at least 3 runs of 3-5 miles during the week this week.

• Like 4

Great job team!!!  You guys are doing great!

I am tired tonight.  Knocked out two half marathons this weekend.  Saturday was Capital City and Sunday was Flying Pig.  I thought I was going to walk the one on Sunday, but ended up running the whole thing and felt great.

I am very happy to be back in race season!

Good luck to you Cat!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

• Like 4

Wow cat and ill text, you two are AMAZING.

lil tex.. Woah that's amazing. Rest up!!!! Two back to back half marathons!!!

Cat I think you are responding to me and Ashley's mileage from last week. I am big fat zero this week. I'm in finals crunch time wishing I had a photographic memory right now. Ugh.

I have finals all this week and then I have move all my stuff out Friday and fly home on early sat. Hopefully I'll be back on track the week after that.

• Like 2

Great job everyone!!!!!  

ZK boot camp sounds fun!

SweetCarolinee that all sounds amazing and super motivating-- I can see how each of those healthy habits would help motivate the others.  Also, I'm really proud of you for quitting Zoloft.  I just started it a couple months ago and it's helping so much, it scares me. 

LilTex, you're a machine!!!  And Cat you're gonna do great!!

InRecovery so are you!!!   But I'll wish you luck with finals anyways :)

Well I only got 6 miles this week, and 5.5 miles the previous week.  I don't know why but I just haven't felt much like running.  I need to start making myself again.  When I did those 6 miles I was sore afterwards, and that's not normal for me.  So I'm getting back on it.  Also I think I really need to stretch more.

• Like 3

I'm blown away at the updates this week....WOW....good work, friends! Liltex ran back to back half marathons....no big deal! I only did 2.5 this week....booo. I don't know what's wrong with me, but after my 4 mile run last week and after this run, I feel so weird. I continue sweating even after I bathe but at the same time I have chills for like a couple hours. Last week, I was dizzy too. Does it sound like dehydration? It really only happens when I get really hot. Anyway, way to go, club!

• Like 2

I'm blown away at the updates this week....WOW....good work, friends! Liltex ran back to back half marathons....no big deal! I only did 2.5 this week....booo. I don't know what's wrong with me, but after my 4 mile run last week and after this run, I feel so weird. I continue sweating even after I bathe but at the same time I have chills for like a couple hours. Last week, I was dizzy too. Does it sound like dehydration? It really only happens when I get really hot. Anyway, way to go, club!

Ashley, yes, I experience those symptoms too.  I couldn't stop sweating last week after showering, and everyone was like 'what's wrong with you'..

Realy, You guys killed it this week!! Li'l Tex Im blown away!!

LilTex, that's amazing! Back to back half marathons.. you must be in incredible shape. Were you sore after the first one? I am really sore today after 11 miles yesterday, couldn't imagine running another 11 miles let alone a half.

Ashley, not sure about the sweating, it sounds like you might be dehydrated or sick. But I definitely go through weeks/periods where running just hurts and sucks and can't figure out why either. Actually, lately I was struggling with feeling fatigue early on in the run - like after a mile or two - and major lower leg/calf pains. Then I put on my old running shoes and things got a lot better.

• Like 2

Occasional, that's a cool story. It's great to be able to compare what you are capable of accomplishing now vs back then on adderall.

Checking in with 22 miles this week. Two 5 mile runs during the week and 12 miles today.

• Like 4

Ahh I just want to get my Sunday check in over with. Zero miles. No excuses for me this week. Just laziness. Today I almost went running and then was like noo...I can't. I'm too tired.

Tomorrow it's back on my feet. How did everyone do?

• Like 1

InRecovery,

I'm going to make an excuse for you. You just finished intense finals and a break is okay....or am I wrong? I don't know...ha.

It's bad to say, but I was relieved I'm not the only one...does that make me a bad person? :) I'm at zero too, and I have no excuse. I just have to make it a priority again.

• Like 3

InRecovery,

I'm going to make an excuse for you. You just finished intense finals and a break is okay....or am I wrong? I don't know...ha.

It's bad to say, but I was relieved I'm not the only one...does that make me a bad person? :) I'm at zero too, and I have no excuse. I just have to make it a priority again.

I definitely "like" this post!!
  • Like 1

Just about 17 miles for this week!

Two big core fitness/plank/push-up / stretching sessions this week too.   :D

C'mon friends!!! Let's do this!!!

Also, I discovered a secret this week.  Start early in the week. Monday or Tuesday.  And start easy, with a shorter run.  Get that momentum going, don't procrastinate, and don't save all your miles for the weekend!!!!

P.S. I'm making a promise to all of you here, because I apparently can't stick to promises I just make to myself.   I'm going to start going to yoga classes.   I need to work on that aspect of myself.  Tomorrow evening will be my first one :D  I'll check in to let you know how it goes!

• Like 4

Good job Occasional! We'll hold you to that yoga promise. C'mon InRecovery and Ashley, you got this.

So yesterday I ran my first half marathon, and it was so fun! My goal was to finish under 2 hours 10 minutes. Even after two forced stops (one for a train, and one on a busy road) my time was 2:02 and change at an average pace of 9:24. I am super proud and can't wait to run another one with a new goal of sub 2 hours! This was my first real race/athletic event of any kind since high school and I forgot how motivating it is to be surrounded by a crowd of people pushing themselves for the same goal. I have officially been bit by the running bug. And the best part is it's something that belongs entirely to my post-adderall self. I never, ever would have pushed myself to accomplish anything athletic if I were still on adderall. 

Edited to add: LilTex, you are a total badass for running two halfs in two days.

• Like 4

Hey guys,

Mostly everyone did great this week and if you didn't get any miles in, no worries there is always this week! :) I'm proud of all of you!

This week:

Tuesday: 4.06 miles (intervals)
Friday: hiked 5.20 miles
Saturday: 5.59 miles (intervals)

So I did that 7 day free trail at that gym 2 weeks ago but ended up deciding not to join right now. It was kinda expensive and since my boss is away for 2 weeks, I have to pick up all her events and mine so I figured I would be too busy to run but that turned out not to be true! So, now I have one of those water bottle backpacks and I've been running outside in the 86 weather but I figure the sunshine and good ol' vitamin D is good for me.

My new favorite thing to do running is intervals. I sprint my hardest .10 miles (1/10th) then power walk the next .10 miles and then I do this, back and forth for 4 miles or more. It's so fun and like a game and/or contest. It makes it not boring. Plus if I'm sprinting and trying to convince myself to give up, I talk myself out of it during the .10 power walk. Also during the .10 power walk, my heart rate goes down and I try to not overheat myself during it. I recently read intervals is very good way to burn fat so I'm all about it lol

And yesterday I went four wheelin' and it was a woot!

• Like 4

Cat that is amazing. That is such a fast time for a half marathon!

I hit the gym tonight and cranked out 9.5. I don't how ambitious I will be but maybe I can try to count these toward last week and do this week and last weeks miles this week?

Great job everyone!

• Like 2

Occasional - that is so awesome, thanks for that tip and YAY on the yoga! I'm gonna make myself that same goal, to start going back to hot yoga and I got myself a Groupon for unlimited classes for a month that expires at the end of summer so I feel like I have to go soon or I waste money haha

Cat - that is AWESOME, congratulations… that is AMAZING time. Damn!!! You are such an inspiration, just reading your post, makes me want to go running and start trainning for a half marathon haha I'm so proud of everyone!

• Like 3