QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

Greg

Do you guys use the Nike app?

Yeah I used nike app all the time for a while. But suddenly it became inaccurate I stopped. I think they fixed it though. It's great app.

I ran 11.5 today!

I'm also having the dizzy and sweating issue right now where I can't stop sweating after finishing my run. But It happens to me all the time. I really don't think it's any big deal.

Edit - I found a list if good post workout foods. I hope they help.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/snacks/low-calorie/after-workout-snacks/

Okay. I knocked out another 8 today. That brings me to 28 for the week. Time to divide it up.

12 goes to last week, when I clocked in zero.

12 goes to this week.

Leaving me with 4 miles to spare. Those I will allocate to my first week at my internship which begins June 2. I am pretty sure I will be clocking zero that week. So I will go for another 8 and allocate those miles for that week.. :D  :D  :D  Am i allowed to do this guys??

• Like 3

Way to go InRecovery! 

I use the Nike app. I think it's a little bit off but close enough. During my half marathon it clocked me in at 13.5 miles compared to the official course length of 13.1. I just like how you can track your mileage and compare your speed and distances over time. Also, it's fun to be competitive with other friends on it.

• Like 3

I can't even fathom 39.5 miles! Why don't you run some half marathons or a marathon?! Are you just not into that? You are a balllllerrrrr. I did zerooooo.

Ashley, you could totally 39.5 miles. We've been doing this for a while. Occasional, u too. And everyone else. 

I just did 13.1, lol. But I also walk little bit after every 4 miles. I also go at nice and leisurely running pace. I dont like the idea of running 13.1 under a pressure race type situation. Plus, it's so much harder for me to run outside (wind resistance??) But you're right, its something I should do or aim to do!! 

Holy shit InRecovery, 39.5 miles this week? Get the fuck out of town haha Good for you, holy shit!!!

I only ran once this past week, Monday, I did 5 miles of intervals and walked another 3.5!

I wanted to do more over the long weekend but I drank and partied instead :/ I'm burnt out and recoverying right now.

I think I'm gonna quit drinking for a month. I just enjoy it and I'm allowed to have a drink or 2 at the events I teach so I'm worried, I have 5 events the rest of the week.

• Like 2

Check in Sunday guys

I did 26.2 miles this week.

I did an extra 12 this week and an extra 12 last week so I'm going to cash those in the upcoming weeks as I start my job tomorrow,

If you haven't gotten to 12, you still got a couple hours!

• Like 2

I did 10 miles of running and 5 miles of hiking.  It felt good to hike. It helped me remember that it's really just as hard as running, it just uses different muscles.  Also a great way of spending outside.

InRecovery good job!  

SweetCarolinee I need to take another drinking break too.   I keep struggling with it because it's always around.  But not drinking is sooo worthwhile. 

• Like 2

Can we borrow miles? I did 0, so I just need to borrow 12 from you, InRecovery. You are amazing!

Lol. I actually have an extra 2.2 miles I can lend you that I didn't count towards my total. I hope this isn't breaking rules but they're yours!! :)

• Like 1

I didn't get any miles in last week or this week yet so far :( I'm lacking and slacking. I had 5 events a week now and need to start waking up early to either run or go to yoga.

Also, I kept drinking this week... a few a night. And this weekend is my boss's Birthday so we are celebrating Saturday night, then starting Sunday or Monday, I'm not drinking for at least a month or 4th of July!

I decided to attempt a run for the first time in like a month yesterday. I only ran 1.5 and walked 2.5 I've lost it!!! It was SO hard, and my legs are even a little sore. It's not too late to get it back, right?!

After running like this for a year it's def not too late to get it back. It'll just take a couple runs like 1 or 2 more,

I'm cashing in on my miles from last week!