QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

Greg

Zk - I know so many people into that show, lol. And they tried to get me to watch it. It is so awful to watch that...anyway I leave my commentary about that show for another post..

I have been buying containers of ice cream and just eating the whole tub over like two days. Also I got into a bad habit of eating an entire bag of cape cod chips (not snack size) and then rinse and repeat.. That has to stop. Today I brought a healthy lunch to work and I felt like I was making a positive step.

I've been buying small containers of locally made organic ice cream problem is I eat them like they are Dixie cups. New fight club rule if we eat ice cream we gotta get a cone from an ice cream parlour or chase down a ice cream truck like men. Second rule of fight club we can't eat anything handed to us out of a window (drive thru is killing me)
  • Like 1

Guys, I'm not sure about fast food but you can pretty much eat whatever you want as long as you a) make raw fruits and veggies, and healthy lean proteins, the base of your food pyramid--if you fill up on them you kill the sweets cravings, B) STOP eating as soon as you feel full, and c) work out!   I'm serious.  It's pretty easy!   I've struggled with my weight for most of my life, and I used to overeat for comfort and obsess about diet and body image and all that crap.   My maximum weight was 165 at that office job.  Which is overweight for my height at 5'7".   These techniques got me down to 150 (my lifetime baseline) within about a year.  Adderall and alcohol brought me back up to 155/160 when I was sedentary.  And now thanks to our running club plus healthy eating and cutting out the booze, I'm currently down to 134ish and stable.  I'm not trying to brag at all, I'm just trying to share what finally worked for me after like 15 years of struggling.  I've been eating a lot of ice cream and crap this summer too, but I keep the healthy stuff as the base and it works.

7 minutes of planks and a 4.5 mile run in the woods to start off my day/week :D  

• Like 1

My Mon-Fri. diet lately has been:

Breakfast: oatmeal or cereal with sliced almonds and banana

Snack: fruit

Lunch: big kale salad with veggies and edamame/hardboiled egg/sardines/some other proteins

Snack: carrot sticks

Dinner: whatever I want (usually leftovers from stuff i cooked over the weekend.)

I feel great during the day and it makes me excited for dinner!

• Like 2

I just ate a full sized bag of cape cod chips lol....but I stuck to the 1500 calorie per day since the last post and dropped 5 lbs. today I was too hungry though had dunkin doughnuts, 2 bagels, a cashew chicken salad sandwich, corn on the cob and I'm going to have ice cream now

it's all about portion control. But I'm giving myself today to indulge.

• Like 1

I've been pretty consistent with my zero miles.

InRecovery,

My schedule isn't quite as full as yours, but most nights I don't get home until 7:30 or 8 or so, and it's become way too easy to put running on the back burner. I wasn't exactly hitting my 12 miles every week before that, so I guess a lot of it's laziness. I'm thinking about just trying to start at least walking. It's good exercise still, and I don't feel so overwhelmed with the thought of it. We will see.

Ashley, u r working pretty late!! The reason I don't get home till 7:30 or 8 is because I have commute of hell, with a road with 1000 stop lights and only one lane lol.

• Like 1

I like the conversation on how you ladies have lost weight. And guys, the drive thru is what has gotten me too! I'm on the road for work all day, and it's way too easy to stop for something quick. I've even started craving McDonald's, and I didn't even used to like it really. This week I cut back on it, though, and was better, but it's hard. I've got to get a grip! I only worked out once this week, walked 3.5 miles and walked one. I can tell I'm out of shape, because I was SORE for two days.

I ran, did b camps, cycled, walked didn't track miles at all but i was really active. I'm probably at my heaviest weight wise 290lbs and really need to figure out what the issue is

Keeping a daily calorie/food journal has really helped me to maintain and not gain.  I also log my daily activity level on a scale of 0-5.  The data I am generating will be useful in the future as I will have established a base- line for body weight maintenance and activity.  Keeping a food journal is a hassle, but I have been keeping one current for over six months now...not sure why.  It also comes in handy to track my alcohol consumption and all of those empty calories that alcohol provides.

• Like 1

Keeping a daily calorie/food journal has really helped me to maintain and not gain.  I also log my daily activity level on a scale of 0-5.  The data I am generating will be useful in the future as I will have established a base- line for body weight maintenance and activity.  Keeping a food journal is a hassle, but I have been keeping one current for over six months now...not sure why.  It also comes in handy to track my alcohol consumption and all of those empty calories that alcohol provides.ine

I'm working on it. Diet is part of the issue. Quitting smoking has fucked with my metabolism. I figure that will level off and things will go back to normal soon. Since   quitting i've been much more active so I think this is just a correction i need to ride out. 

Cassie I have definitely noticed a similar phenomenon-- my need for calories has gone down with time and a little age -- I've noticed I eat less, and much healthier, than 10 years ago (I'm 31). I'm also working out much more. And I've actually lost weight. So that gives me hope!!

I wonder if quitting smoking also helps you lose weight. There's the initial weight gain, but then as your lungs heal you can run so much more, and better. I mean, there are many reasons to quit, and this is a lesser one, but smoking was a deterrent from any physical activity. I chose the cigarettes over running back then. So I was much heavier as a smoker. For me there is a strong correlation.

Just more fuel for the fire :D

Check in: I ran 4 miles this week. Mountain biked around 6. And moved to a new house!! With no memories of adderall!! :). I set up a new office space for work and the energy is great. Anyway moving is always a good 'workout'.... Lol. Went swimming a little this wknd, and today I power walked 1/2 mile of steep hills.

Hope you all had an amazing weekend!!!!

• Like 1

went to the gym 4 times and did 2 boot camp , riding my bike lots too.  Weight hasn't changed much but I feel like something is about to click. I've been eating better etc.  I'm thinking about having a no TV month for August.  The logistics may be a little tough, there a million TVs at the gym. So maybe a no tv at home month.  Since I quit Adderall I've basically been on the worlds longest Netflix marathon. I'm constantly downloading something to watch and I've become a TV geek. I never read anymore and I fall asleep to documentaries and wake up to Netflix. I always have something on my 2nd monitor when I work.

• Like 1

I worked out twice this week, although most of it was walking. I walked 3.5 miles one day and ran a mile. Then yesterday, I'd say I did about 2 miles walking and a mile running (I was out where my GPS doesn't pick up well, so I'm not really sure how much I did). It's not much, but I notice a difference in my mood and energy if I just get out and move.....good job, zerokewl and occasional!

• Like 2

Zerokewl,

You're doing great....keep up the hard work? Are you still cigarette free?

Today I had a moment that I don't want to have again. My job entails a lot of things, and I had to transport Vyvanse with me. I was given the bottle with it being said that she doesn't know how many are in the bottle...that's the first time I've had speed in my possession since quitting. It was so uncomfortable having the medication in the seat me under my care....just thought I'd share my experience today!

• Like 2

OMG thats so similar to my experience this morning. My buddy and I were cruising around last night he left a pack of smokes in my car. I drove too the gym and back with a pack of my brand Export A Gold's  on the passengers seat.  I was tempted for a second but, I just drove and forgot all about them.  I am almost at the 2 month mark, honestly I feel fucking great. 

Zerokewl,
You're doing great....keep up the hard work? Are you still cigarette free?

Today I had a moment that I don't want to have again. My job entails a lot of things, and I had to transport Vyvanse with me. I was given the bottle with it being said that she doesn't know how many are in the bottle...that's the first time I've had speed in my possession since quitting. It was so uncomfortable having the medication in the seat me under my care....just thought I'd share my experience today!

• Like 1

I'm sorry u had to go through that. that's horrible. Holding it must have felt gross.

I was put in ambulance and someone took my vyvance bottle away from me and I told her I didn't know how many pills were in there. Then she pulled them out and counted them and asked me where the missing pills were.

• Like 1

Zerokewl,

I've never heard anyone say they don't feel better after they quit smoking, and I'm realllly proud of you.

You guys....not that I thought I would ever stop being a speed addict, but when it was sitting next to me in my possession, it was a reminder that all it would take is one pill....because, well, it wouldn't be one pill! I just wanted them away from me, but I think reminders like this can be positive! I'm grateful.

P.S. InRecovery, I don't know why, but I didn't follow your story? Is it just me? It's quite possible!

I meant to add that it makes me feel a lot better that I'm not alone in thinking that situation was super uncomfortable!

• Like 1

Zerokewl,

I've never heard anyone say they don't feel better after they quit smoking, and I'm realllly proud of you.

You guys....not that I thought I would ever stop being a speed addict, but when it was sitting next to me in my possession, it was a reminder that all it would take is one pill....because, well, it wouldn't be one pill! I just wanted them away from me, but I think reminders like this can be positive! I'm grateful.

P.S. InRecovery, I don't know why, but I didn't follow your story? Is it just me? It's quite possible!

I meant to add that it makes me feel a lot better that I'm not alone in thinking that situation was super uncomfortable!

I am so tired I prob didn't explain right. I was just telling one of my old vyvance addiction storys. I was addicted to vyvance at one point. I tried to get my doctor to prescribe me more vyvance way before it was ready to be refilled. My doctor caught on and called an ambulance and had me sent to the addiction ward to be monitored for the day, on the way to the addiction ward I was taken via ambulance and all my vyvance pills were counted by the person in the ambulance. And I was questioned for all the missing pills. And I made up a story when in fact I had taken all the extra ones. It was a sad and humiliating experience.
  • Like 1