QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

Greg

Ashley, dont apologize for venting about your job otherwise I will have to apologize ten hundred times more for all my venting!

First of all - great job on the 4.5 miles even with your hours!!!! About the job...hmmm. you know. 13 hour days consistently is hard to sustain. But at the same time, it seems like you feel like you are getting a good learning experience. You did an amazing job with your job search, like it only took a couple weeks for you to get a couple offers.  I think you should definitely put some feelers out and see other places you may want to work at.

• Like 1

I'm a lazy human being....0 miles. I hope you feel better, InRecovery.

Me, too...sigh.  But...I did do yoga and a basic tae-bo workout with my daughter last week.  Also, I went to mass, which I have not done in over a year.  I cleaned my sons room, which worked up a sweat, and I cleaned half of the house.  All in all, it was a very productive week even without "miles".  I am counting it as a win!  I am feeling motivated by my snug scrubs to improve my diet and add more exercise, so I am journaling my food and becoming more conscious of my junk food triggers (everything!). 

I also want to mention how much fun I had at a birthday party on Saturday night.  Without adderall, I was engaged and outgoing...it has been so long since I wanted to be around people.  I had a blast! 

• Like 3

I fucked up and drank some champagne last night at work, someone bought me it and I didn't want to be rude and it was a deal going on, buy one get one free... so that lead to another and now I'm hungover. I'm not trying to stop drinking forever, I'm just trying to cut down to only drink once or twice a week and a few drinks when.

if someone buys you 2 for 1 champagne you should probably drink it.  Though I wonder if this was real champagne? I went to the pub for dinner and ended up getting pretty wobbly last night. 

I fucked up and drank some champagne last night at work, someone bought me it and I didn't want to be rude and it was a deal going on, buy one get one free... so that lead to another and now I'm hungover. I'm not trying to stop drinking forever, I'm just trying to cut down to only drink once or twice a week and a few drinks when.

• Like 1

Hi friends!   Sorry for being MIA lately.  I've been at a point where I can't even THINK about adderall..... Or maybe I just don't need to?   Not sure, I've mainly just been really focused on work and life and stuff!  Moved to a new place, been working a lot, and been seeing someone new :) 

I'm still running though!  I LOVE IT.   I've been running a lot with my friend and I think that helps a lot accountability-wise.  We text each other with mileage and pace and stuff, and we run together when we can.

So, last week I got 16.5 miles total, some of which included hiking.... last night I did 6 miles plus 1 mile of walking.  

Anyway I just didn't want anyone to think I relapsed!   I'm still here still cheering for you all.... xoxoxo

• Like 2

I just did a little over 3 miles of cardio....mixture of running and walking. It was so hot. I thought I was going to puke. It wasn't much, but I did some! It's going to be my check in for the week because I work from 7-7:30 or 8 tomorrow....yuck. What do you all do for abs? I'm sure we've discussed this before buy that's my problem area...tips would be awesome....GREAT job, occasional!

• Like 2

7-7:30pm! :-( Ashley if you want to resurrect the 3 resumes a day club, Im happy to keep supporting you there. I hope you are happy there? u said you were getting a lot out of the experience.

Great job on getting those three in!! I cranked out 12 today, def felt like puking several times as well. (I actually dont do anything for abs, I need to start doing more abs and weight lifting etc..)

ZK - Because you know I'm all about that bass, about that bass, no treble...I love that song, I listened to that song like 4 times when I was running.

edit - On a side note, I think the song is catchy and has a great message but it also just makes think how incredibly superficial the music and magazine industry (mens magazines are not an exception) are. I would rather read about real things affecting the world. 

InRecovery,

I'm way impressed by 12 miles....daaaang...good job. I'm thinking I'm in for the club. It's great experience, but the hours are just too much for me to be here long-term. I don't know if I'll be able to get 3 a day in, but I'm wanting to start looking....maybe 1 a day club? I meant to congratulate you on your job offer....that is SO awesome, and I'm really happy for you!!!

Hey everyone!  Well, I had my first race disaster at the half IM.  I really don't want to even talk about it, but let's just say I got horribly seasick on the swim, puked twice and got lost on the bike, lol.  I just wasn't feeling this race.  My training was terrible and I wasn't excited to do it in Ohio.  I've decided I am leaving the triathlons in Texas for now....or at least someday until I return. ;)

I am excited about the Columbus Marathon though.  It's in just a few weeks.  I was really worried I wasn't going to pull off the 20 miler last weekend, but I did it and in just under 9 min miles so I was super stoked!  Really praying I can get crank out a decent time. 

Anyhow, great job everyone!  You guys are kicking ass!  And next time you feel inspired to drink that 2 for 1 champagne or whatever booze it might be how much more likely it is that you will not get up and go exercise in the morning, lol.  Booze calories + extra food consumed while intoxicated + hangover = 2 days of derailment.  :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Great job Occasional!!

I finished the marathon. :) Only 8 mins off Boston qualifying time so I was pretty happy. I'm gonna try again next year though by doing all the speed workouts. It was a great day and felt amazing afterwards as a marathon feels like such a great accomplishment no matter what the pace! Crazy, but I'm ready for another one soon! Any takers????

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I've been thinking about this all day, I want to get my running shoes back on.

I smoked a lot of pot in early recovery (though last time I didnt stop until the 5 month mark) but decided to kick that habit again a few days ago, which naturally makes cardio much more pleasant.

Gonna lace up and see how far I can run tonight, will post back!

• Like 2