QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

Greg

Made it 1 mile!   hehehe

Felt good to get going again, but really didn't give me the real head rush that I used to get once I break the 2-3 mile mark.  Oh well, something to look forward to I guess.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread LILTEX, I have been meaning to get back into this (I even went out and bought a really expensive pair of shoes last week to motivate myself) but have been putting off getting started.  This was just the push I needed.

I'm really excited to get going again!  I even had a dream a couple nights ago that I was some sort of super athletic soccer player that no goalie could handle, then I woke up to realize I was still my fat self LOL.

Maybe we can start some sort of 25-50-100-300 mile challenge threads? :)

• Like 3

this is my second day of rest after that short run i mentioned.  I want to take it easy and not go too hard on my back and hips just quite yet, so i've decided to run once every three days for now.  looking forward to my next run tomorrow.  

maybe I'll make it two miles!

5K?  I thought people in the US were allergic to the metric system? hehehe

Seriously though 5K is my personal record, and it's a really magical distance for me.  I run really slow so it takes me about 40 mintues or so to run that far (though currently I still have to work up to it again).

but the head rush and euphoria that come afterwards.....  omg it's unbelievable.  i used to just want to melt into a puddle on the floor right there on the spot

and its REAL and it just gently fades away over the course of about 30 minutes with no crash or negative feelings afterwards.  just pure and natural bliss.  I miss it so much.  I'm promising myself to be pulling those off again soon, hopefully a couple months from now.

it's the best motivation for not smoking anything (cigarettes/weed, etc.) because you NEED your lungs to be at their best

WHICH reminds me.  tonight is run #2, wish me luck!

• Like 2

i think even just this little bit of cardio has been really good for me today.  the last few nights i've had severe insomnia, not being able to fall asleep at all, until like maybe half an hour before i have to get up.  now it's only midnight right now and i feel like my head weighs a tonne.  hopefully gonna go sleep like a brick for 9 hours! :)

• Like 2

dont worry, i haven't been able to run even half a mile for some reason lately.  i keep lacing up and getting on the treadmill but i keep crapping out around half a mile. (today i only made it like 0.35)

i think my problem is the monotony of staring at a wall while running.  it's not an escape.  i need to suck it up and learn to run on the ground like a normal person

• 2 weeks later...

I am on day 6 of daily exercise routine.  21 day fix  DVD routine and 45 minute walks in the neighborhood daily.  I am feeling amazing!  We are leaving for Disney on May 19th and I am determined to get the rest of this weight off so I can wear my swim suit with pride!  I may jog a bit in the neighborhood today...

• Like 2