QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

Greg

Ok, so I have done 0 for the week. I was getting pumped to walk into the gym (sitting in the parking lot right now), and I get in my trunk, and I forgot my flipping gym clothes. Soooo mad at myself! You guys rock!!!

I've had a weird week mentally, and I think a huge part of it is from not running. Either I get 12 miles this week, or I'm coming up with a punishment for myself....and this is sad but true. No. More. Excuses.

• Like 1

Occasional,

It's definitely that time of year. Take it easy, and I hope you feel better soon!

InRecovery,

YES, it's kind of terrible without headphones! I finally broke my two-week 0 miles streak. Did 6, ran 4 of it, and it felt fantastic. I'm doing it this week!!!

• Like 1

@Ashley

Exercise is definitely a big part of my recovery plan. I get really crazy without it, and definitely keeps my depression in check, helps me focus/unfocus. The only relief I've gotten from the various withdrawl symptoms were from exercise.  I'm really excited to see the newly reno'd gym tomorrow and get into a routine again.  I really love winter walks minus treacherous ice, so much better than sweaty summer walks.  But I'm Canadian we love winter most of the time. Keep runnin!   

• Like 2

Hi friends!  Check in Sunday!  How's everyone doing?!

I'm on a two week streak of 0 miles per week.  I was sick, and then fell out of my running habit.  BUT I did make myself go to the gym on Friday.  20 minutes on the ladder machine, 20 minutes of rowing.  I was glowing for hours afterwards!!   Time to start running again.... for real!   :D

• Like 1

Right on Ashley, there's a time to rest and a time to push it!

I just went to the gym and actually enjoyed it!  They only allow 20 minutes per machine and they enforce it, so I only got 2 miles of running in.  Spent 20 minutes on the hardcore ladder machine, and 20 minutes rowing.  I almost didn't go & I'm SO GLAD I did!! :)

• Like 2

Thanks Ashley, you should definitely do it!

I been really enjoy the bikram yoga, I love sweating all those toxins out and I believe you burn at least 750 cals per session and that's like 1/4 a pound so when I found that out, I was like sign me up. It's hard, I wanted to pass out the last 30min of my first class and my roommate who came, ended up throwing up 5 times after though. If you do it, don't let your first class intimidate you to not come back because it gets easier in the heat each class you do. And I think it's helping a lot towards my recovery and healing process and giving me more energy and motivation to stay clean and want to workout and be healthy.

I got a Groupon for a unlimited amount of classes for 1 month (which is motivation for me to go) or most of the time you can use your student ID for discounts, which is awesome!

I'm gonna go today at 4:30 :)

• Like 1

Occasional, 2 is better than 0, and I know you'll be back in it in no time!

Sweetcarolinee, whoa! You're kind of the shit. Good job! Congratulations on 30 days. During my first thirty days, I was just happy I could feed myself and showering was an accomplishment then too....seriously. You're killing it, woman!

I got 6.5 this week.

P.S. I'm doing a 5K in February, a 7K in March, and a 10K in April with two of my girlfriends. This will definitely help me be accountable!

• Like 4