QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

Greg

SweetCarolinee, that urge to sleep sounds totally normal to me. No need to worry about it being unnormal. I think I was sleeping more than 12 at three months. Eventually you wont need as much but at three months, that sounds normal.

Occasional - good job at 9! :D

• Like 1

Ok guys.  So I've been struggling since I moved back to get a new workout schedule going with the cold weather and just all out depression of losing all my outdoor running trails, etc. HOWEVER, starting today I am committing to 30 days straight of getting up in the morning early and going to the gym for 1 hour.  I think after I get past 30 days, this will become an easy ingrained routine and I'll be back on the path to fitness!

Any takers on the 30 day challenge with me? :)

• Like 1

LilTex it sounds amazing and I admire you, there is no way I could work out every day..... I need my rest days :)

Checking in:  13 miles total.  Ran 8.2 miles yesterday on some hilly back country roads.  I went farther than expected, because I wasn't timing myself or using "map my run" or any other ways of counting the miles/time, I just went. :)

Push ups and/or planks are becoming almost every day for me too.

How'd everyone do?!

• Like 4

Damn LilTex 9.26 miles today! That is AMAZING!!! Great job. Your dad sounds awesome and like such an inspiration. I wish I could get up everyday at 4am and work out. I'm not a morning person.

And yess, lets start a vegetarian mafia!

I'm a vegetarian and have been for 8 years. I love it. I'm not a vegan, I eat cheese and eggs sometimes! You should read the book "Skinny Bitch" (I hate the title because the book isn't really about being skinny but healthy and saving animals!). I read it in HS and became a vegan a few days after finishing it. Then a month later I became full blown vegetarian because I really missed cheese. I'm Italian, what can I say lol

I don't drink milk though, I drink coconut milk and it's amazing, it's so refreshing and tropical tasting. I use coconut milk in my overnite oats (I eat this everyday for breakfast, so good). If you want any inspiration check out my "fitness blog" on trumblr (aka I just reblog pics -- not really a "real" blog); I reblog motivational pics and healthy recipes, stuff like that etc. http://gettintonednhealthy.tumblr.com/

I also like these books (You can get for pretty cheap used on Amazon):

• "Eat Pretty: Nutrition for Beauty, Inside and Out" by Jolene Hart
  • "Thrive Energy Cookbook" by Brendan Brazier (150 plant-based whole food recipes)
  • "Super Natural Cooking" by Heidi Swanson

• Like 2

Sweet Caroline,

Wow, you have totally inspired me.  I bought the book, "Skinny Bitch" and got through about 100 pages today.  Then I threw out all of the animal products in my fridge and went grocery shopping.  I also watched that video called, "Earthlings" last night.  OMG!  I am never eating animals again!

I checked out your blog too.  Awesome!  I am so excited to start this journey.  :)

Great job Occasional!  That's so great.  And yes, goooo team veg!!

Whooo hooo!

• Like 2

Good job Occasional and Liltex! 14 miles for me this week. I also did maybe 15 miles of biking.

I was vegetarian for 5 years or so but I eat meat now. My husband is vegetarian so we always cook vegetarian at home, but I will eat meat when I go out for meals or cook for myself. I try to be really conscious about knowing where it comes from, free range, grass fed, etc. My general theme for food is to eat mostly vegetables and very little processed food.

• Like 2

My eating habits are sub par, so I commend you ladies for yours! I can't imagine eating no meat! I really need to start focusing on eating well. I have a feeling my diet might have something to do with why I'm so tired a lot. Oh yeah, and I'm embarrassed to check in with 0 miles this week. It's on next week, though :) Great job, you all!!!!

• Like 1

I eat mostly vegetarian, but I feel like my body needs meat sometimes. A good sustainable animal protein is sardines. I buy these good quality sardines from costco. They're packed in olive oil and boneless and skinless. They taste awesome on crackers and are packed with protein and vitamins.

• Like 2

Cassie,

I don't know if I've ever tried sardines, but I the thought of them makes my stomach turn a little bit, lol.  Maybe someday I'll get the nerve up and try them, but for now I'm just gonna stick with my tofurky, beans, and soy. Yum.

InRecovery,

Time to pick up the slack. Let's go!  Where is the 10 minute workout? ;)

• Like 1

Hell yeah Liltex, I'm so glad!!! Your awesome and they have a cookbook too. I like to make "rollercoasters" and wrap a slice of tofurky with cheese with a pickle spear and bit of spicy brown mustard in the middle. It's yummy as a snack!

I went to hot 3 times this week.

I've been struggling a lot lately and not losing the post-adderall weight I've gained but have been working out really hard and eating healthy for at least 3 months and I'm getting mad but what can I do? Just keep going and trying. I think the Zoloft is making me starving all the time. I can eat a huge meal and be hungry 5 minutes after. I know a lot of it has to do with recovery as well and now since I'm not on Adderall, I'm clearly hungry but I'm getting mad and almost had a breakdown last night so I called my doctor and we decided I can go from 75mg to 50mg today and hopefully I will slowly start to tamper off of it. I hope it's not too soon though. In 2 weeks, will be the 6 months mark of me taking Zoloft. My goal is to be on NOTHING (well maybe besides birth control).

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for FL to be with my boyfriend and our other dog and to start job searching down there. I'm driving and going to stop half way and staying with my sister. First long distance road trip without Adderall ahhhhhhh but I can do it. I will drink lots of Starbucks! Wish me luck though guys and I'll be back on here in a few days!

• Like 3

Good luck Sweet Caroline!  Did you make it to Florida ok?

How long have you been on Zoloft?  Some of the anti d's can make you gain weight.  I tried Citalopram for 6 weeks this winter and it is making it harder than normal to lose the weight I put on.  I've been off of it for about 6 weeks and I feel like I'm finally starting to make progress. 

I wish I were in Florida.  That sounds AWESOME right about now!

• Like 1