QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

Greg

You all flippin rock. I have been soooo bad. I ran 2.5 miles this week total. I was slacking before this new job, but I feel proud of what I've accomplished with this new "regular" schedule, so I'm not going to beat myself up too hard for the lack of running. (I hope this isn't an excuse)

This week should be a less busy week, so I pledge to do 12 miles. If not, I want one of you to kick my butt....seriously. I went shopping yesterday, and my pants size is bigger than I've ever been. I panicked a little, so it's time to ruuuuuun! Again, great job everyone!!!!

InRecovery,

Sorry for planting that seed in your head, but I really think running outside is sooo much harder...period :)

• Like 2

Good job on 2.5 Ashley!!!  I know you can make the 12.  I think it's all about finding a good time in your weekly schedule and prioritizing it and doing it no matter what.  It's hard with the 9-5 job though!!   I know people who force themselves to go to the gym before going home, because otherwise they won't go.  I guess I'm just saying that the 9-5 makes it easy to be sedentary, so watch out! 

Treadmills are kinda easier physically..... but sooooo boring!!  Hahaha.  Running outside is amazingly therapeutic and inspirational and FUN.    I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone!!!    

Ashley could it be that you're just bored of the treadmill?

• Like 2

Ashley C'mon. You can make it to 12 this week!!!! And good job with getting used to the work hours. I know it's been tough. How is the job going??

I ran three miles outside today and I had to walk a lap between each mile, even though it was perfect running weather.

3 miles down, 9 to go.

• Like 1

Ha Occasional I agree with you about the treadmill - I can't run more than 3 miles on a treadmill because it's so freaking boring! Everyone has their own preferences I guess.

Started off the week with 4.75 miles yesterday, in the rain. Another thing I like about running outside, weather makes it interesting.

Ashley, hope your new job is going well. Good job InRecovery and Occasional!

• Like 2

Hey guys,

How are you all? I hope you all had a wonderful Easter, filled with joy, love and laughter.

Last week I took a walk for over an hour and that is it.

It's been a few days since I've been on here. The last few days have sucked. It was my 26th birthday yesterday and I got to celebrate over the weekend, which was nice but I found out Easter sunday at 11:30pm, after I got home from my first time teaching Paint Nite, my grandmother passed away :(

So yesterday I had to pick up my bro from the Orlando airport and we are in Vero right now for the wake, which starts in a few hours. I'm going to make a speech in honor of her at the funeral, as well.

I'm very sad, I loved my grandma very much and we were very close but I'm also happy to know she is no longer in pain and she lived a long, beautiful and happy life. She was 91 when she passed. She had breast cancer twice for the last 13 years which spread to her bones and became bone cancer, the doctors gave her only 3 years to live but she ended up living 10 years past that. I'm so proud to have been her granddaughter and I'm just really sad right now. But hopefully I will be feeling a little better in a few days.

Im so sorry to hear that SweetCarolinee. 91 is a long age and thats remarkable how she beat the odds by such a long time. My grandmother also passed away in her 90s. And it was such a really sad time for everyone, but yes your grandmother is no longer in pain and you can take solace in that. My heart goes out to you and your family during this time. Im really sorry to hear this sad news.

• Like 2

So sorry to hear about your grandma Sweet Caroline.  I remember how hard it was on me when mine passed.  Grandparents are so wonderful and loving.  That's so awesome you get to give a speech though.  I'm sure she will be equally honored to know that you are giving it for her. 

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.  I also just want to say that I am really proud of you right now for going through this clean.  These are the times that will make your recovery stronger than ever.  I probably shouldn't admit this, but I'm going to.  When my grandpa (my like favorite person in the whole world) passed, I stayed up the night before on a cocaine bender.  I'm sure it was during one of the weekends I had ran out of Adderall.  It happened so fast and I didn't know how to cope.  I remember going to the hospital the next day and it was the worst feeling in my entire life.  I had NEVER felt that bad and I just kind of used drugs and alcohol through the whole thing. I felt like the scum of the earth.  I felt like he would've been so ashamed if he knew what I'd been doing.  It just makes me so happy to know you are going through this clean.  It was one of the biggest regrets of my life.  I am so proud of you. Just know that.  :)

(((((Hugs))))))

• Like 2

Sweetcarolinee,

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma....hang in there!

Liltex,

I'm sorry about what you went through too, but your grandpa would be so proud of who you've become. You were in the midst of your addiction, so I hope you don't beat yourself up about it.

• Like 2

Thank you so much everyone. Really, thank you so much for all your kind words about my grandma and just this entire time since I've become a member on this wonderful site. You all have helped me through every step of the way and I have to say, I don't think I would be sober right now if it wasn't for you guys or this site.

Liltex, thank you so much for what you said. That really means a lot because I've been thinking about using so much lately and how much easier everything would be, coping with the death of my grandmother and losing the weight I've gained from no longer using the ADHD meds and starting Zoloft and Birth Control (I started them in Oct. 2013 before I even quit) but then I would have to start ALL over again and the weight loss and the feeling of content would be false and only temporally so scratch that. I know that now. And like Ashley said, I couldn't agree more; your grandfather would be SO proud of who you are now and how awesome you are, how far you've come, how strong you have become and such an amazing support to all of us on here so thank you.

It is just the worst timing, I stopped taking my Zoloft 2 weeks ago (I was on 75mg) and now all the depression and anxiety has come flooding back this week. Last night I almost had a panic attack and I haven't had one since starting the Zoloft in October, around 6 months ago. I don't know if it's the passing of my grandma or because I stopped the Zoloft too soon or both (probably BOTH) but my anxiety is coming back and I don't know what to do. Death is always my anxiety and depression trigger, when a close death happens. I've always had an extreme fear of death, even from a young age (who doesn't?), not so much myself dying but someone I love and it sucks. I'm sorry this is such a shitty, depressing post. I feel my mood is just so unpredictable right now, after reading all your posts, I started crying. It stinks to feel this way because usually I'm so naturally positive and happy but I know, it can't be sunshine and roses 24/7.

I also just got dropped from my families health insurance Tuesday, since it was my 26th birthday so I can't afford to go to any doctors, at least for another month. I took a suntheanine L-theanine pill last night and within seconds, the anxiety lifted a bit and I felt a little relief. Does anyone else take this, if so, how many MGs do you take a day and do you take it in the morning or night time or both? I wasn't sure.

I know when things like this happen, it always triggers my anxiety and depression so I am just a little worried and not doing so great but of course, I know it takes a while to get over something as painful and deep as a death. I just can't believe she's really gone :( It just sucks to the core. I just have to stay strong and hang in there. I'm going to go on a jog right now to try to get my mind off things.

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. It means a lot.

• Like 3

Sweet Caroline,

I have been thinking of you and really hope you're hanging in there.  Coming off the AD's is extremely hard for like the first few weeks up to a month.  The withdrawal phase can really be difficult so please know that if you feel crazy or not like yourself, it is NOT the real you.  It's going to take several months or more to get it out of your system and just be gentle and kind with yourself during this process.  I've read this is the hard part about stopping anti depressants and why most people go back on them is due to the withdrawal being so difficult.  Most people will automatically assume they must need them because they go throw crying fits and moods are generally all over the place, therefore you start thinking you obviously need the meds.  But again, just trust that in time you'll start to level out once they are out of your system completely.  I was on Citalopram for 6 weeks. I stopped Feb 8th and I am just now no longer getting the brain zaps.  But I do know I am so happy to be med free now.

Anyhow, thank you for what you said about my grandpa and how he would be proud of me.  That means a lot.  I really appreciate it.  I am so glad you joined this site and I pray you will continue to stick around with your sweet words of encouragement for others and keep us posted on your journey.  You are doing great and I am so glad you were able to come to us for support rather than using again.  That is AMAZING and a true MIRACLE.  :)  (((((Hugs)))))

• Like 4