QuittingAdderall.com Forums

" THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE RELOADED" WELCOME ALL!!

Freedom's Wings

Thank you quit-once and GDTRFB! Day 28.

Can't believe I am successfully coordinating a move through this, but I'm doing it! It's overwhelming but I've been calm and fighting the urges to run back to a pill. Big step for me has been realizing that, yes, I will still have the temptation and have down days, but as each day passes I'm building a stronger "foundation."

One of my favorite quotes from an article on this site: "Little by little you will build yourself back out of brick and mortar instead of glass."

• Like 2

Day 29 almost there - it's been a rough month

Please do not allow yourself to think that taking 1 pill is ever going to be okay. I am dealing with some serious depression after having my 6 day slip up. Hope this helps someone else from suffering.

I had a slip and smoked 2 cigarettes. I can relate a small slip turned into a pretty major ordeal.  I think depression is the worst part about Adderall withdrawal. 

• Like 1

I had a slip and smoked 2 cigarettes. I can relate a small slip turned into a pretty major ordeal.  I think depression is the worst part about Adderall withdrawal.

I agree completely, ZK. Glad you're doing so well these days! You deserve it.

Day 31- moving on to the 60 day challenge (again)

This is my first post but I've been reading this site for quite a while now. The love of my life broke up with me yesterday and I strongly feel it's all because of my addiction.

I've been telling him for the last year that I promise I'll quit...but I couldn't ever keep my word. Yesterday after he broke up with me....I realized I choose him. No little pill is worth losing the man of my dreams.

Today is day 2. I'm worried about going back to work tomorrow..I feel it's going to be the hardest to deal with. Also, my boss takes adderall and is willing to share with me which makes the temptation even harder.

I have to succeed this time. For myself, for my family and hopefully to get my man back. To prove to him I can do it.

• Like 2

This is my first post but I've been reading this site for quite a while now. The love of my life broke up with me yesterday and I strongly feel it's all because of my addiction.

I've been telling him for the last year that I promise I'll quit...but I couldn't ever keep my word. Yesterday after he broke up with me....I realized I choose him. No little pill is worth losing the man of my dreams.

Today is day 2. I'm worried about going back to work tomorrow..I feel it's going to be the hardest to deal with. Also, my boss takes adderall and is willing to share with me which makes the temptation even harder.

I have to succeed this time. For myself, for my family and hopefully to get my man back. To prove to him I can do it.

Welcome and great job jumping right into the 30 day challenge! Checking here has been huge for keeping me accountable. It's one of those things that is not easy, but is 100% worth it. You've got this.

• Like 1

Day 22 guys!!!!

I'm finally able to post.  Some things I have done to make this process easier for anyone needing help:  couch to 5k, couseling, TELLING MY WIFE and using the documents provided on this site, and doing the very best I can at work.

It's incredible the amount of self respect I'm starting to feel again.

Thanks for all your help guys!

• Like 2

Day 10!!

I started doing Bikram Yoga and Crossfit which have helped a lot!

I still feel pretty exhausted all of the time but I'm pushing through it. Coffee and Spark are my new best friends :P

My mind feels so much clearer! I would always read people saying that taking adderall made you like a walking zombie and I always disagreed with it....but now that I'm no longer taking it I now know what they mean. I was in a haze and it's so nice to be out of it.

Oh, and my boyfriend and I are back together again :D

I cut off my supply which felt great.

I also decided to quit smoking at the same time...I thought if I was going to feel shitty I just want to feel this way once, so I'm quitting smoking and adderall together.

• Like 1

Day 18 - I've gained weight :(

Don't worry - those feelings of insatiable hunger do eventually fade. Now I'm really happy I'm free from the ups and downs of having such a suppressed appetite during the week (taking Adderall) and binge eating on the weekends when I didn't take it. I ended up gaining weight on Adderall because of that mixed with failed attempts to quit. I've also gained weight, but 50+ days in I'm slowly starting to focus on eating healthier and moving more. Just be patient. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...