QuittingAdderall.com Forums

" THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE RELOADED" WELCOME ALL!!

Freedom's Wings

Thanks doge, thats probably true. I used to get so fixated on unimportant things.

Day 25...check. I marked day 30 on the calendar. I feel like I move through the days a little faster in terms of not spending as much time thinking about adderall.

I used to check off days in sections sometimes ..like got through half a day etc. I'm not saying that I'm totally beyond that but some days I don't need to do that.

• Like 1

MJ4thDimension,

You can do it. Keep plugging away at grad school and quitting adderall. I'm in my last 3 credits of grad school right now too and it's s tempting time but we can do it.

People with addictions make great counselors because they have experiences that they can empathize with people better. Stay strong in your goals and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Thanks guy! I met with my advisor today, and it seems like they're going to let me finish my degree, I just need to keep providing documentation that I'm clean and stable, which is easy to do, when I'm clean and stable! I got the job working with autistic kids, and guess what pops in my head? That little voice that says, "yeah, you're not gonna be able to do that without adderall". So I have to stay connected and remind myself of the fact that I have never been able to use adderral as prescribed, and I never will be able to use it safely. Every time I use it, I just get all geeked out and want to stop using it! So fuck that.

• Like 2

Keep reminding yourself that adderall is not what you think you remember it being (at least when you are wanting to take it). It does not make you better. Only gives you an illusion while you're using it.

I binge used in college but pretty much took it as prescribed the last year and a half before quitting. Even then, I was/am horribly addicted (though 29 days clean). Adderall robbed me of who I was even when I stuck to my dose. There is no safe way to use it in my opinion. At least for me.

• Like 2

I binge used in college but pretty much took it as prescribed the last year and a half before quitting. Even then, I was/am horribly addicted (though 29 days clean). Adderall robbed me of who I was even when I stuck to my dose. There is no safe way to use it in my opinion. At least for me.

Same here. 100%.

Day 30! On to the 60 day challenge. I can't believe I'm here. I am feeling a little bit of the "now what" feeling. These past 30 days I was just focused on getting through each day without adderall. I have not worried about my weight because I knew that would hurt my ability to stay away from adderall (even though I know that adderall ultimately weakened my muscles and I even started gaining weight before I quit).

The first two weeks I was hungry and I ate all the time. But I knew that my body needed to restart the metabolism and eating helps that.

This last week I realized that some of the cravings had gone away and I was now hungry at meal times but not 24/7.

I know I'll still have to keep focusing on my recovery but I wonder if I should focus on anything else these next 30 days. I guess I might find out on the 60 day challenge forum.

I did it. I couldn't have done it without all of you and this site.

• Like 1

I stopped counting days, but I think 9/9 was the first full day clean, so that puts me at 14 days. No adderall, but I picked up a new addiction, VivaZen, it's an over the counter energy/relaxation shot you buy at gas stations or from Amazon, it really helped with the depression and lack of energy at first, But now it's just another crutch. If you don't have a propensity to become addicted to things, I would recommend using it for the first week or so of withdrawal, but if you're like me, stay away from it. Because now I have to stop using it due to the fact that it's blocking my spiritual connection to Life. Has anyone else tried Viva Zen?

This is me! Let's see. I'm on my 3rd day, pitiful I know, cause I ran out of my script that long ago. I had 30 mlg. Friday, so I didn't count that day, although my usual script is 60 mlg. daily. I ALWAYS run out early, EVERY MONTH. I cannot seem to have enough to sustain any form of a competent energy level. The good news is, after having run out, I have found that my energy level has actually increased! However, the anxiety that I have succumbed to has been debilitating, especially today. Now I'm no stranger to addiction as I have quit Lortab, 4-6, 10 mlg. daily, of my own accord, so my question is does anyone else know how long this anxiety/depression will last?!!??! If I have some form of a timeline, I can endour.

Take a look at the articles and posts on this site.  The timeline is different for everyone, but you are in the hardest stretch right now.  It is not a linear process.  You will have ups and downs, and you will endure.  You can do this.  Post here as often as you can, stay close to the support here. 

WELCOME!!  You can do it!

• 2 months later...

Day 9: ✔

Hey guys new here... Just came across this site a few days ago and have to say... What a great site this is. Been taking 60-75mg daily for about the last three years and just like everyone else here, my life slowly went to shit over that period of time. I've also recently kicked a two year addiction to a plant called Kratom, which is legal here in the US but no joke once you become dependent, at which I didnt know that you could or that I was until it was much too late. I found the willpower to quit K, which in turn inspired me to quit the other demon in my life... Adderall. Many on here say that it robs you of your spirituality and of being able to be yourself, at which I completely agree. My biggest motivator is that I'm no longer willing to be a slave to anything, whether it be a bullshit plant or a stupid lil orange pill. I'm after one thing and thats HAPPINESS. I refuse to give up until I'm there. Whether it be day 9 or 90... I'M GONNA KICK THIS BULLSHIT PILLS ASS!!! Good luck to everyone in your journey to get back the happiness that this evil pill has stolen from you.😉

• Like 1

Day 10: ✔

I'm going to continue to post my journey in hopes that it will inspire someone else who is struggling to not give up on theirs. I posted yesterday about recently quitting Kratom as well (19 days today) at which I've done twice before and although I've never done Heroine and never will, many forums I've read compare the withdrawals of the two to be very similar... An absolute miserable experience that I'm not gonna try and explain because I dont care to relive it. The point of this post is to let you guys know that if I can tell two different drugs, adderral and Kratom to both go to hell and deal with the hell that comes with that decision, then you're able to dig deep and overcome this as well. When quitting Kratom the two times before (know this site isnt about quitting Kratom but its about quitting an addiction at which I happen to know quite a bit about... Unfortunately or should I say fortunately) the one thing that consistently worked and got me through was the support forums. They simply work people, just like AA meetings work for alcoholics. If you truly want to overcome this demon, listen to what your friends here have to say, accept the support you deserve from them, and do yourself a favor... Stick to this forum, its the best one available for this topic. GOOD LUCK FOLKS! NOW GO GET YOUR LIFE BACK!

Oh... And thanks Doge! I promise you I will!

• Like 1

I have never heard of Kratom so I googled it last night.  A tropical tree in southern Thailand, and you chew the leaves like coca or khat.  People can get addicted to it for life, just like coffee, but it is a harder drug/plant than coffee.  The tree/leaf is illegal in Thailand, but it is a native plant so they cant just kill them all.  And only the leaves from the trees that grow in southeast Asia will get you high.  Flow3, congratulations for kicking this plant/drug - it sounds like a nasty addiction.  And congratulations for your decision to quit Adderall too.  You have my full support.

Thanks man... I started taking it as a natural cure all for anxiety and depression, which like Adderral, worked wonders for a while until my body literally could not function without it for more than a few hours at a time. I didnt want to be on RX drugs so I thought it was tge safer route to go... Boy was I wrong. It gives you the same energetic, conquer the world attitude that Adderral does but much more intense. Please dont try it because I assure you that it'll soon take over your life if your prone to addiction, especially if you once relied on adderral. You wont find anything but positive things about it unless you really start to dig and then you'll find all the horror stories. Its bad news and although I definitely am still struggling to overcome it... IM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH BOTH THE SUPERPOWER DRUGS I'VE SO HEAVILY RELIED ON FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS! Excited for normal again...