QuittingAdderall.com Forums

" THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE RELOADED" WELCOME ALL!!

Freedom's Wings

Well hello people. I have posted sparingly on this forum. Adderall is not my med of choice, but ritalin / concerta is. Been hooked since I was 26 daily (am 30 now). I have tried many times to stop but have always relapsed. Never abuse (well, rarely) but rather just my Rxed dose which is usually between 30-50mg / day depending if im taking ritalin or concerta. 

Currently on my longest streak without the medication ever in four years since I began taking it regularly. Day number 24  right now. Motivating factor is my wife is pregnant! Great stuff. Want to not be hooked on pills when I have a kid. This has been a better motivator than anything thus far but it is still very hard. Think about it daily. Can't wait till day 30!

The roughest part about quitting the medication for me is that it hasnt destroyed my life, caused any damage etc. Just the opposite. More productive on it. Have a great career. Helped decrease depression.  I know deep down its not something I should be on long term however. My blood pressure has been SIGNIFICANTLY better since quitting (even with daily starbucks). On daily ritalin it was usually 135/95 or so. Now it is back to 120/80 ish. 

Well hello people. I have posted sparingly on this forum. Adderall is not my med of choice, but ritalin / concerta is. Been hooked since I was 26 daily (am 30 now). I have tried many times to stop but have always relapsed. Never abuse (well, rarely) but rather just my Rxed dose which is usually between 30-50mg / day depending if im taking ritalin or concerta. 

Currently on my longest streak without the medication ever in four years since I began taking it regularly. Day number 24  right now. Motivating factor is my wife is pregnant! Great stuff. Want to not be hooked on pills when I have a kid. This has been a better motivator than anything thus far but it is still very hard. Think about it daily. Can't wait till day 30!

The roughest part about quitting the medication for me is that it hasnt destroyed my life, caused any damage etc. Just the opposite. More productive on it. Have a great career. Helped decrease depression.  I know deep down its not something I should be on long term however. My blood pressure has been SIGNIFICANTLY better since quitting (even with daily starbucks). On daily ritalin it was usually 135/95 or so. Now it is back to 120/80 ish. 

Great job! It is always nice to have a little extra motivating factor to give you a reason to keep going. Congrats! And I noticed we are on the same day of quitting, today is day 24 for me too :) 

Day 19:✔

I've laughed more in the past week than the past four years combined... Shits actually funny again. Feel more and more normal with each day that passes. Still battle with bouts of extreme fautigue daily but it comes and goes and seems to be less frequent with each day that passes. Up until a few days ago I really battled with the voice of addiction in my head making me second guess whether or not I'd made the right decision. I can now tell you with complete confidence that I most definitely have. That evil voice will start to eventually leave you alone after a while and allow you to move on with your life... You just have to stick with it. Dont give up!! Its not worth starting over! Good luck folks, if I can do it, so can you. Hang in there and beat this!

• Like 2

Day 19:✔

I've laughed more in the past week than the past four years combined... Shits actually funny again. Feel more and more normal with each day that passes. Still battle with bouts of extreme fautigue daily but it comes and goes and seems to be less frequent with each day that passes. Up until a few days ago I really battled with the voice of addiction in my head making me second guess whether or not I'd made the right decision. I can now tell you with complete confidence that I most definitely have. That evil voice will start to eventually leave you alone after a while and allow you to move on with your life... You just have to stick with it. Dont give up!! Its not worth starting over! Good luck folks, if I can do it, so can you. Hang in there and beat this!

Fantastic!!!  Yes, you will be razor sharp again before you know it.  :)

• Like 1

4 weeks. Day 28. So close

Day 28 for me too!!! How you doing?? I'm really struggling with the fatigue. It doesn't help that December is a crazy busy month (both at work and socially). And I'm feeling pretty chubby (but I know that will even out eventually). Dying for the holidays to come... I need some rest. 

Same here man. Unproductive at work. Still have cravings. Drinking a little more alcohol than I normally do at night (not crazy but a bit more than before). Just feel more lazy. As in there is stuff I want to get done (read a book for my job for example) but instead I waste my time doing something else. Hopefully this will pass in the upcoming months. I have a ten day vacation starting beginning of January so it will be nice to do this without the stresses that work provides. Keep up the good work!

Scott... Hang in there man. You're at the point that seemed to be hardest for me. You will start to get your mental clarity back very soon and things will start to be a lil easier. After week three, the cravings went away for me, the fautigue is still pretty rough though. You got this!