QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Before and after

ashley6

Your beautiful!!! You go girl. You look so much happier and healthier in the 2nd pic and so much more alive! I feel I looked the same way in my speed days. Man, I used to wear the craziest shit and I went to art school so anything goes. It was out of control. I think people were able to completely tell I was on a bunch of adderall back in the day and I look back like "what the hell was I doing?" I was nuts. I would spend hours cleaning and redecorating my room when I was supposed to be studying and doing homework haha I completely thought I WAS getting away with being a drug addict too!!! Me and my roommate, our first and second year of college on adderall looked like and wore clothes like the Olsen twins. I think we thought we were them. I remember once my mom and dad picking me up from the airport and asked me "where is my daughter and who is this bag lady?" I used to wear the baggiest / biggest clothes to hide my skinny, cracked out body haha It feels good to be clean now! I want to never go back but I'm not gonna lie, I had the time of my life but now it's time for me to grow up!!!

I'm really proud of you and you've been very helpful on this site and an inspiration to me so thanks girl!

• Like 3

Ashley,

The contrast in the two pictures is amazing and really brings home the point.

It doesn't surprise me that you are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside.

"Look love, what envious streaks do lace the severing clouds in yonder east."

• Like 2

Thank you all! I hope you know I wasn't fishing for compliments here!!! It's just so awful what adderall can do to us physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually, etc. Dirb27, about 2-3 years apart (not sure), but almost immediately after I quit adderall, you could see the life come back in my face. Keep fighting the good fight, my friends!

• Like 4

ashley, you're looking healthy. I wanted to respond to your questions about jobs earlier, but I never had the opportunity. How have you been feeling? How's the depression and anxiety? I think you said you're taking meds for it? How are they working?

I'm coming up on 13 months at the end of this month, and I plan on posting about it. Regarding jobs, just get out there. Get your feet wet. You've come a long way. Now its just gonna be baby steps in the real world, but you'll be okay.

The job market is insanely hard right now, so just get out there and start getting experience. You're fresh outta college so the world is your oyster. Just pick some direction and move forward. Its really hard to do, but you'll do it. Just keep going forward.

I know adderall really had the best of you a while back, so the progress you've made so far is really good. I was only on 10-20mg a day, and its still hard (After 13 months cold turkey) to feel like im getting back to where i was before the damn adderall. Part of me feels that my natural chemistry just needs that kind of boost in the mornings to get going. I keep convincing myself to not go back to it and to just keep stacking time onto my quit to see how things fall together.

Thanks for always supporting me, by the way. And i really hope ur doing well.

• Like 3

You inspired me to post a picture. My pictures before and after are pretty similar. I want to get back to the natural happy me I was in that picture taken almost a year ago after I had quit for some time. Trying to come back from this relapse, but still be able to hard core study and feels impossible:( But it reminds me I don't want to go back to the place I was.

• Like 1

Hey Ashley I am new to this forum but I was looking at your pictures and I had to say something. Of course you are a beautiful girl but in the second one (the one on the right) there seems to be a light shining from within you. I know that light was there in the one on the left as well. But just not able to see it SHINE THOUGH YOU like the one on the right. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to getting to know you. :)

• Like 4