QuittingAdderall.com Forums

So it's Wednesday...

JustinW

...and I made it through week 1 of homework in about 14 total hours :wacko2: .  I'm not patting myself on the back yet, but I am starting to get the feeling that I can do this.  I never attended school on adderall yet this time around I feel impaired because of the withdrawl.  Hopefully it is a matter of training my brain to the whole education environment mindset.

• Like 4

Justin - I am just joining the board, as you know, but I will have to tell you I am so impressed and inspired by the way you (along with Jon and zerokewl) reach out to EVERYONE that post on here. I know for me it meant the world to just have someone hear me and reply. And the way in which you guys are able to put your thoughts to paper/computer screen like I said I am just amazed. So even though I am not sure what classes you are taking and I am not nearly as gifted as you guys are at putting what I am thinking into words but I wanted to at least TRY and tell you that I believe you can do it!!! And I am rooting for you and can't wait to hear about how you are doing so please keep posting about how it is going. again sorry - I only WISH I could express myself the way you guys do. But GO JUSTIN!!!! :)

• Like 2

I can't string together the beautiful lengthy posts that Jon, QuitOnce, Ashley6, Occasional01, Cassie, InRecovery, and many others on this site can; so I try to write direct and encouraging posts.  I can't really read long posts either, dang ADHD.  I really appreciate your encouraging words.  Your post above shows that you are more than adequate at putting your thoughts to screen!

FYI, the classes that I am taking are Intro to Business, Principles of Management, Financial Accounting, and Macroeconomics on my way to a B.S. in Business Management eventually (I hope).

• Like 1

Great job Justin, we're so proud of you, that is awesome and welcome FreeBird, it's great to have you here! I'm a newbie too, we can DO this!

I think I'm running a fever though, I feel terrible and probably shouldn't be on here (haha people may think I'm wasted messaging or something) so I'm gonna hit the hay early but hopefully I feel better in the morning and can talk to you all tomorrow :)

Goodnight!

• Like 2

Freebird,

We greet people because it keeps us sober. The active participation reinforces our resolve and comittment to stay off the junk. There is no better way to help yourself than to help others, even if it's just saying "Welcome to the fourms."

Plus we still consider ourselves Newbies and greeting a new post comes with the job. Sometimes when a situation is posted and I don't have the experience to field the topic, I'll just wait for one of the members of the community who has more sober time than me to pick it up. Eventually even the tough ones get replied to.

We all have our own unique way of contributing. Working together brings us to the circle as a team with a common cause....and it feels so fucking good.

• Like 4

Well, I'm finally back in MN.  Every leg of my trip had a problem.  My flight out of MSP was delayed an hour and a half; then we had to wait on the tarmac to take off because ORD was too busy.  When we got to ORD we had missed our connection so they put us on a United flight to TUL.  After arriving at TUL we drove to Bentonville, checked into our hotel, and I checked our flights for Wednesday.  They had cancelled our flight from TUL to ORD, arg.  So we went out for a late dinner and I checked again towards the end of our meal and they had changed our flight to Thursday morning.  Our salesperson called and set us up a flight on Wednesday afternoon from XNA to ORD as XNA was closer to us anyways.  When we got to XNA yesterday afternoon the flight was delayed so we would have been unable to make our connection in ORD so we made arrangements to fly to DFW and then to MSP.  Our flight to DFW boarded 20 minutes late and then we were delayed another 40 minutes because they couldn't get one of the overhead bins to stay closed.

All that to say that I am only about half way through my schoolwork at this point.  Hopefully I can catch up today.

Finally got through all my school work so I can enjoy the weekend.  I am going to have to get a head start for next week this weekend because I have a vacation coming up that I don't to ruin by stressing about homework.

BTW, one of my instructors is really a dink.  He rips me a new one for suggesting a different way to view something with a little hint of memorization and then includes a memorization techinique at the end of his post.

I made it through another week. The workload was higher than normal in two of my classes. I have to get a head start on my homework for next week so I won't have to do as much on vacation. Plus I have to squeeze in time to study for my big test on Monday; I had lunch with my instructor today and he doesn't think that I will have a problem passing. Thanks for asking!

• Like 1

Cool!!!! I didn't doubt you weren't doing well AT ALL!!! But just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and you work & school load. Plus day to day stuff... haha. You mentioned a vacation soon... Is it a "working" vacation or will you get a chance to kick back and RELAX any.

• Like 1

Justin -GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! It sounds like it is a vacation much needed!!!!

I hope you are able to "stay in the moment" while you are there. If that makes sense sometimes I have to remind myself not to think about what I need to do when I get back home etc. AND JUST BE THERE. And try MY BEST to clear my head of thoughts if only for a few seconds. Hard for us with ADHD (bouncing brain syndrome- is sometimes what I call it)

I KNOW YOU are EXCITED and I am EXCITED for you!!!!

• Like 1