QuittingAdderall.com Forums

The 60 day challange "reloaded"

Jon

I'm right there with you bluemoon. One way i get through these days is to thing about every sober day as an investment.

Its an investment towards your future of being happy, sober, and back to normal without addy :)

Absolutely, Adderallics Anonymous. Every day is one day closer to where we want to be. No turning back now :) ... How are you feeling? Any more energy yet? None for me. I haven't seen any improvement in a while now. One more week and I'll be at the 60 day mark. Very hopeful to start seeing SOME sort of improvement beyond that point... 

Flow, glad to hear you're feeling good. Wish I could say the same. But, one foot in front of the other. 

Teamwin, how are you feeling? Was thinking about you the other day. I know we quit on the same day, so I would love to know how things are going for you mentally/physically. Are you as exhausted as I am??

AlwaysAwesome, thanks for the continued support. It is very much appreciated. :)

• Like 2

80 days in and i do feel like maybe my energy is starting to pick up.

Hard to tell though, the whole thing is such a gradual process i feel like its hard to really feel a significant difference one day to the next.

Sorry you arent feeling the energy quite yet blue moon!

In the next few weeks from where you are is when i did start to have certain days of energy.

Whats frustrating is Im experiencing the energy to do things, but still lack the mental clarity to accomplish anything thats too complicated.

I feel like a lot of us here were actually put on the adderall for a reason though. I know personally i do really struggle with staying focused to things. Even back when i was on adderall.

That said i'm suprised i havent seen more strategies on this website dealing with strategies for dealing with the add/adhd that many will have even after the withdrawals are ending.

Any links for effective strategies, or personal success techniques from anyone here are very welcome :)

Absolutely, Adderallics Anonymous. Every day is one day closer to where we want to be. No turning back now :) ... How are you feeling? Any more energy yet? None for me. I haven't seen any improvement in a while now. One more week and I'll be at the 60 day mark. Very hopeful to start seeing SOME sort of improvement beyond that point...

Flow, glad to hear you're feeling good. Wish I could say the same. But, one foot in front of the other.

Teamwin, how are you feeling? Was thinking about you the other day. I know we quit on the same day, so I would love to know how things are going for you mentally/physically. Are you as exhausted as I am??

AlwaysAwesome, thanks for the continued support. It is very much appreciated. :)

Hey there. I'm feeling ok I guess? Just like you it seems like I have had a bit of a slump. Been extra tired recently and lethargic. Especially lazy. No motivation. Still get cravings. Not as bad but still in the back of my head ... Especially when I'm lazy and want to be as productive as I used to be. Starbucks isn't cutting it anymore haha. Can't wait for day 60!

• Like 1

Day 7 confirmed!

Week 1 is down and withdrawals are over I'm convinced.  

I slept like 15 hours a day for the first 4 days.  Now I don't feel depressed anymore and I'm sleeping a reasonable 9-10 hours per night without grogginess the next day.  I am drinking a lot of coffee though..... oh well.  the cravings are going to start hitting over the next few weeks but I will be prepared for them.

Whenever I even start to think about it I mentally return to my breakdown moment and remember the grief and pain that led me to flush that shit.

Routine will be my ally as I have learned over the past year.  So I'm getting up at 7am every day and in bed by 10pm, no exceptions.

Back to cooking a bit, but I still need to get back to the gym.  That's next up on the list as it will only accelerate recovery.

Thanks for listening!

• Like 1

Hang in there everyone and keep fighting the good fight. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and you will look back at this experience in a couple of years remembering the pain but grateful / thankful that you finally got out of the pit. It is hard work but every day is a gift that you give yourself - freedom!

• Like 4

Day 56:✔

A long ways from where I started... Been so busy living life lately that I sometimes go days without even thinking about it one time. Still get the other days once or twice a week too, but things are for the most part much better than they were a month ago. Can't believe I'm almost to 60 days clean. Not gonna lie... Feeling a little proud of myself😀 Proud of you too moon... As well as the rest of the warriors on this site. Together... We got this

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whee made it!  Have hardly thought of adderall this last month.  I certainly set myself back but all my work last year was not in vein.  

I got it together this time for sure.  I feel like as far as my laziness factor goes, I'm definitely barely at the 60 day mark.  I hardly get any work done and I'm surprised I haven't been fired from my job.

But psychologically, as far as cravings go (this is what I was really afraid of) I haven't had any yet, and as far as happiness, well lately I feel like I'm back where I was right before relapsing (well last few days have been good anyways, mostly because of the beautiful weather we're suddenly having).  It's good that I didn't let it go on any longer than I did, it could have led to total destruction.

One nice thing about being a loner during recovery, is I have cut out a lot of the people in my life who weren't really good for me.  I don't mean bad influences as far as drugs go or anything, but just people that don't reciprocate friendship at all.  I've pretty much cut them out of my life and I've made a couple of new friends and gotten quite close with someone who used to be just an acquaintance.

Sad that I won't see them much in a few months when I move, but the little things still matter.

• Like 2