QuittingAdderall.com Forums

The 60 day challange "reloaded"

Jon

Hello - 60 Day Challenge!

Day 31 - nailed it*

*nailed it = I'm caught up on The Bates Motel, wrote in my journal, drew some pictures and played with my puppy

Maybe tomorrow my mind will convince my body to get out of bed and exercise.

Silly dopamine. Anehdonia is so not cool.

Stay cool, my friends.

• Like 4

Congratulations on making it 60 days Ally!  The next steps are up to you.  Getting physically active can be a great boost for your emotional and mental well being at this point.  It is going to be difficult so start off with little things.  Another suggestion is to help encourage others who don't have as much time under their belts.  Find volunteer activities in your local area to meet new people and get off the couch.  Please keep us up to date no matter what you choose!

• Like 3

Hey kids! I'm still here and trucking along. Today is day 48!

Sorry, if I have been MIA... It's been a rough ride. I hit a very low depressed point around 30 something days. It was awful, total anhedonia.

I felt so bad, that I even started taking Wellbutrin xl 150 mg a day. I swore that I wouldn't take anymore psychotropic drugs. I only took the Wellbutrin for 4 days. It gave me the energy I needed to get out of bed and took away the severe depression, but I didn't feel like I was accomplishing the things I was doing. I could feel the Wellbutrin taking away the few little sparks of the real me that were shining through.

I also felt very irritable, and just not happy with myself. I had a day where I just started crying for no reason and I wasn't as loving or caring. It was awful!

I stopped taking the Wellbutrin and started to REALLY force myself to get out of bed, get in the shower, and to walk at least 6,000 steps a day. That is my bare minimum.

I worked out a program with my fiancé...that if I am unable to meet my bare minimum requirements for two days in a row that I will go to a program that I believe is a legitimate non 12 step program in San Diego called Practical Recovery.

Note: if the 12 steps work for you that's great...it's just not my thing. (Yes, I have tried it many times in many different places and even did my 90 in 90 back in 2009 for opiate/benzo addiction)

Sorry for the rambling. I hope everyone is doing well. I have been thinking of you all. :)

Note 2: if anyone knows of any good non 12 step/disease model inpatient or outpatient programs out there...your recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Love to you all! :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on day 85! I haven't been great though, I went off my antidepressants and I have taken Vicodin a few times, so it could be from that. I'm still feeling very lethargic, I just don't want to do anything...it's a bummer.

And I totally get the whole wellbutrin taking away personality, I feel lime that's what it did to me, it makes sense...

The first time or two I quit I could feel the reAl me coming back, this time around is taking much longer,I hope the quitting Prozac and wellbutrin will better for me.

Has a b gone else felt possible side effects from quitting wellbutrin?

• Like 4