QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Activated Charcoal is supposed to help with withdrawals/detox?

So I have been doing a lot of reading online and have read in some sights that activated charcoal taken orally (script from doctor) can help with the detox and withdrawals. Has anyone ever heard of that? I am at my doctors and am going to ask him. I assume the charcoal helps with physical part not the mental part.

So I spoke with my doctor which knows everything about my addiction and he said.. He would give a script if I really wanted to try it but he said it's used for overdose and poison intake and probably would do little to nothing. He said u will b foaming at the mouth and make u feel really sick. Which I decided against it. He said a lot of these sights will give info in strange ideas but unfortunetly there ain't no easy way out!!! Says Johnny Cash🎤🎶🎶🎶

• Like 3

I think I actually have these in pill form from GMC or Vitamin World. Yes, I know… I am like the "vitamin" lady instead of the cat lady lol They may be different from what your talking about because I didn't get them over the counter or anything but around a year ago, I was at the mall with my boyfriend and I was really hungover (story of my life… well not anymore). I told the guy who worked there and he suggested them. He said they were like eating really "burnt (like completely black) toast" which is good for detoxing but on the bottle, it saids something about gas. Like helping people have gas, which is odd but makes sense. I guess it's supposed to shock your system and make you sweat or #2 the toxins out… I did try them once, that one time and didn't really notice a difference. I didn't feel any less unhungover but I was probably on Adderall that day anyways, to be honest.

I honestly suggest Bikram yoga a million times over this. And what zerokewl said. I've been sweatin all the toxins out lately and loving it. Besides the sleepiness and soreness, I feel so much better and I've only been doing it for 2 weeks (not every day) and I've noticed I'm toner (even in my upper arms) and feel better about myself, inside and out. I feel stronger and happier overall! You should try it!

• Like 1

It's crazy really how deep something like recovery goes... it isn't just simply "saying" no. It's really having to confront your demons and issues, head on and sometimes alone. It's scarey but a really beautiful thing; at the same time. It's definitely a learning and growing experience and I truly believe, something good always comes from something bad (most of the time). If it wasn't for me quitting, I would have never "meet" all of you guys (whom I am very thankful for) but also I don't think I would have ever tried Bikram yoga and started this new healthy lifestyle/spiritual journey I'm now on. I feel like I'm really getting to know the "real" me now. After 7 years, it's crazy, scary, yet exciting all at the same time to peel the layers to really get to know your true inner self and soul.

• Like 3

It's crazy really how deep something like recovery goes... it isn't just simply "saying" no. It's really having to confront your demons and issues, head on and sometimes alone. It's scarey but a really beautiful thing; at the same time. It's definitely a learning and growing experience and I truly believe, something good always comes from something bad (most of the time). If it wasn't for me quitting, I would have never "meet" all of you guys (whom I am very thankful for) but also I don't think I would have ever tried Bikram yoga and started this new healthy lifestyle/spiritual journey I'm now on. I feel like I'm really getting to know the "real" me now. After 7 years, it's crazy, scary, yet exciting all at the same time to peel the layers to really get to know your true inner self and soul.

well said. In a way I'm grateful for this struggle. Because I am so much stronger now. 

• Like 1

I agree superkewl!!!

I read this quote today and I thought it was great:

"A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset. When you wake up, take a second to think about what a privilege it is to simply be alive and healthy. The moment you start acting like life is a blessing, I assure you it will start to feel like one."

(via la http://stevenrosas.tumblr.com/)

• Like 1

I agree superkewl!!!

"A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset. When you wake up, take a second to think about what a privilege it is to simply be alive and healthy. The moment you start acting like life is a blessing, I assure you it will start to feel like one."

I needed to read that today. Thanks for sharing!
  • Like 2

I agree superkewl!!!

So true. Mindset is everything!  

• Like 1