QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I have to quit this time

Anxietyattack321

Hey there all:)

I just joined this site this evening after having another one of my "quitting adderalI epiphanies". I'm currently on vacation with my boyfriend in Costa Rica for the next month and I realized that I'm not as happy or excited as I should be. Adderall seems to drain all my happy brain chemicals....even in a beautiful warm place! I am sick of the depressed, anxious, numbing and crazy feelings from this drug. I think I am ready to quit for real this time.

I started taking adderall at 15 and quit at 17 due to terrible panic attacks. I started on it again nearly 2 ago at 24 and loved it. I still take 20 mg everyday. It has been giving me terrible anxiety and depression lately. I don't feel like myself any more. I know it is not good for me and I don't believe I have ADHD or ADD. Yet I seem to always find a good reason to give into my cravings and pop the pill. I love how thin I am on it and how I don't over eat. But it's never worth it. I hope this time I really quit.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions or tips on quitting this evil orange pill, please share:)

• Like 2

Hey there and welcome! Glad you found this site and posted, this site has been a life saver for me… Seriously. I was on Adderall for 5 years (since 18 years old, starting college) and than Vyvanse for the last two. I'm 25 now and have been 37 days clean! Right before I quit, I thought I could never give up my pills but if I can, I know you can. I quit the Saturday before New Years and that Monday went to FL for 2 weeks to visit my boyfriend. I think quitting during a vacation, time off work, summer break, etc. is a great time to quit but that is my personal opinion and experience and it's different for everyone. Some people "ween" themselves off of it, others go cold turkey, etc. Different methods work for different people.

I have to say, the weight thing and lack of motivation was my biggest fear of quitting and why I didn't quit sooner (which I wish I have) but I'm doing overall better and feeling so much better on the inside, as well since quitting. Like you, I was getting terrible depression, worsened anxiety and having panic attacks during my last few months taking them. And now, with the help of this site, these awesome people, eating right/clean, running, Bikram yoga and a lot of sleep (and taking it easy), I'm feeling better than my best day on Adderall. It's not gonna be easy but it's gonna be worth it. And the longer I'm clean, the longer I want to stay this way. I'm starting to get my motivation back little by little too. Anyways, stay a while, make friends, ask questions, talk to people, this site has been amazing... and we have faith in you, you can do it!

• Like 4

Thank you guys for the support!!!!! I'm one day clean and honestly feeling really good about this new journey. I know it won't be easy but i know I can do it! I love life too much :) I've already had second thoughts and cravings and very irritable moments but I will get through it...(I hope:). This site is so motivating and reading everyone's stories has given me a positive outlook.

Peace and love !!!

• Like 3

Hey there all:)

I just joined this site this evening after having another one of my "quitting adderalI epiphanies". I'm currently on vacation with my boyfriend in Costa Rica for the next month and I realized that I'm not as happy or excited as I should be. Adderall seems to drain all my happy brain chemicals....even in a beautiful warm place! I am sick of the depressed, anxious, numbing and crazy feelings from this drug. I think I am ready to quit for real this time.

I started taking adderall at 15 and quit at 17 due to terrible panic attacks. I started on it again nearly 2 ago at 24 and loved it. I still take 20 mg everyday. It has been giving me terrible anxiety and depression lately. I don't feel like myself any more. I know it is not good for me and I don't believe I have ADHD or ADD. Yet I seem to always find a good reason to give into my cravings and pop the pill. I love how thin I am on it and how I don't over eat. But it's never worth it. I hope this time I really quit.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions or tips on quitting this evil orange pill, please share:)

Hello and welcome Anxietyattack321,

You say "I hope this time I really quit." I think you are going to need a little more conviction to quitting than that. You are going to have to really want this for yourself, above all other things. I think that is the most important asset in quitting. Write some things out, post them if you want to and get a good idea of just how improtant it is for you to quit now and for all time.

• Like 1