QuittingAdderall.com Forums

1 month adderall free 3 days pain pill free 2 days cigarette free

Frank B

Well this has been a major boot camp for my brain overall myself will. I found the pain killers helped reduce the adderall cravings but stopped using them before it became a full blown addiction also (I do not recommend that method to quit) Now I found smoking cigarretts unfulfilling during my recovery it just made me tired plain and I just decided to quit plus I hate the smell of the smoke in my garage. I do smoke e cig which really kicks the nicotine cravings along with a bupropion script. Didn't think I'd post on this site much after I set my mind to not take this pill but it is such a strong withdraw roller coaster find it helps posting on here still not where I want to be mentally hate being lazy but know adderal won't help.

• Like 4

Got any other addictions you wanna kick?

I read somewhere that your chances for success of kicking multiple addictions are greatly enhanced when you kick them all at once.  So I tried quitting cigs and adderall on the same day.  I only lasted three days off the cigs, but within the next month or so, I unloaded my nicotine habit as well.  I used chew, e-cigs and chantix.  I found the chantix to be really tough conbined with adderall withdrawl and I wouldn't recomend that course if you dislike having painful depression.

After 2+ years, the cigs are still calling out to me.  It is tough, because I loved the act of smoking as badly as I hated the addiction to a stinky, nasty habit.  I constantly have to remind myself how badly I hated being enslaved to cigarettes.  I hated being enslaved to the adderall as well, and I found that addiciton even more repulsive than those stinky, nasty cigarettes.  I would never trade my FREEDOM for even one puff or pill.  I just hope I can KEEP that strong resolve for the rest of my life. 

• Like 4

Well I do have a bad heroine habit too... Lol just kidding. I never heard of kicking multiple habits at the same time is more successful but make sense though. I can't use chew and I had a long term goal for stopping cigs it was all a big mental trick of the mind. Here is the deal I used to love chew and hate cigs but I could not go cold turkey on chew and enjoyed them new ecigs but was not into smoking. So I stopped chewing and picked up smoking the part of smoking that is joyful is the time out of relaxation with deep breaths inhaling the smoke but hated the way it smelled and besides that look like a social outcast so after 1 year of smoking I started to combine the ecig and regular smokes. Now off the adderal my craving for real smokes dropped considerably and if I do crave one I'm pretty satisfied with a e cig puff I may or may not quit the Ecig and if i never do quit so what ? It's way better than real smokes and nicotine by itself is no more harmful than caffeine it's the way you get it in you from chewing or smoking real cigs with the 1000's of chemical additives. If you feel like really breaking down use a ecig nicotine free the urge to smoke chew etc will never go away from what see.

What's really odd is my appetite is not what I thought it would be figured I'd crave a lot of food but it's really been average maybe even less than it was on all that crap. It may be I'm using a lot of herbal pills that does claim to help your metabolism. I never took those with that in mind but after not having a huge appetite I wondered why and read my herbal supplements more and it does state that helps metabolism to be honest I figured it was all crap but figured I try something while kicking this addictions to help me heal my body. So if anyone is worried about gaining weight off adderal try St.Johns Wart and Green tea and one other forgot the name but it must help because I'm not choosing to endulge myself in hamburgers pizza and ice cream like I though I would after stopping adderal.

• Like 2

Well I do have a bad heroine habit too... Lol just kidding. I never heard of kicking multiple habits at the same time is more successful but make sense though. I can't use chew and I had a long term goal for stopping cigs it was all a big mental trick of the mind. Here is the deal I used to love chew and hate cigs but I could not go cold turkey on chew and enjoyed them new ecigs but was not into smoking. So I stopped chewing and picked up smoking the part of smoking that is joyful is the time out of relaxation with deep breaths inhaling the smoke but hated the way it smelled and besides that look like a social outcast so after 1 year of smoking I started to combine the ecig and regular smokes. Now off the adderal my craving for real smokes dropped considerably and if I do crave one I'm pretty satisfied with a e cig puff I may or may not quit the Ecig and if i never do quit so what ? It's way better than real smokes and nicotine by itself is no more harmful than caffeine it's the way you get it in you from chewing or smoking real cigs with the 1000's of chemical additives. If you feel like really breaking down use a ecig nicotine free the urge to smoke chew etc will never go away from what see.

What's really odd is my appetite is not what I thought it would be figured I'd crave a lot of food but it's really been average maybe even less than it was on all that crap. It may be I'm using a lot of herbal pills that does claim to help your metabolism. I never took those with that in mind but after not having a huge appetite I wondered why and read my herbal supplements more and it does state that helps metabolism to be honest I figured it was all crap but figured I try something while kicking this addictions to help me heal my body. So if anyone is worried about gaining weight off adderal try St.Johns Wart and Green tea and one other forgot the name but it must help because I'm not choosing to endulge myself in hamburgers pizza and ice cream like I though I would after stopping adderal.

Wanted to clarify I doubt after all that the herbal pills curved my appetite. Since stopping adderal I did up my dose of Bupropion SR from 150m once a day now taking it twice a day. Reading more closely tonight on the side effects many users do experience some appetite reduction from this prescription. So my thoughts of herbal pills being snake oils still hold true I doubt they do much. But this medication of Bupropoin is a very mild stimulate defiantly nothing close to adderal but believe it is worth noting it helps me personally for depression of with draw from adderal, reduces mildly appetite (which is good if your worried about getting fat off adderal) also helps with nicotine cravings so you might ask your doctor coming off adderall if this would be benificial for you not sure what qualifies you for this I'm by no means at all a health care consultant.

• Like 2

So my thoughts of herbal pills being snake oils still hold true I doubt they do much.

If a snake oil helped somebody because of its placebo effect, that really isn't a bad thing.  Supplements are classified as such because they are generally less dangerous and more inconsistent than drugs.  Supplements that are miracle pills for some people will have no effect on others.  Most things we "take" have side effects or unintended consequences, including herbs, supplements and some foods.  I have settled on a pretty short list of things I regularly take:

Vitamin C for better skin

Fish oil and lions mane mushroom for a better brain

L-Tyrosine for a better mood

• Like 2

What ARE you doing?  Just a reminder the #1 rule of addiction is that once addicted, you can never return to responsible use.  That means for those of us addicted to stimulants, we better hope we never get bitten by a tick and develop chronic fatigue syndrome, or develop narcolepsy or have a traumatic brain injury causing something like ADD.  I can live with those odds and knowing that the stimulant tool has been permanently deleted from the toolbox.  But I am not so sure I won't ever need pain medication for an accident, injury or surgery, and I am glad that option is still on the table for me.  I try not using cliché's but in this case I think you are playing with fire, replacing one drug with two others, equally as harmful as Adderall.   

• Like 2

Agree with quit-once taking pain pills won't help the adderal recovery process instead for me it only delayed the true physiological effects of the withdraw. You got realize being sober just sucks majority of the time plain and simple but the natural highs you get are X2 when they happen including something like listing to a real good song, sex, and endorphine highs like taking a bb team to a championship game winning by 1 point in the final second.. Happened to me last weekend I was feeling like cloud 9 if I was on adderal would have been to focused on coaching the next game to even enjoy the moment. As a kid always wanted to be like a rock star GNR were my role models thought partying all the time is how I should live my life, but got older knew it wasn't meant to be and found adderal was a way to work and party but the party is over now must be sober, well I do still drink occasionally so at least I have that to enjoy conservatively. Quit the pain meds ASAP your just going to crash harder longer you take them I'd like to say life's perfect over a month off adderal week plus off pain meds and cigs but it sucks plain and simple during a work day. This site is great for me personally though, It's much easier to see people in the hard stages vs only dealing with my own also even if this is anonymous I cannot post a form then go back on my word just start using again just not my personality to lie to even strangers.

• Like 2

I just have to say something... I started using adderall to help me with the detox off pain meds. I am now 2 yrs into my adderall addiction and getting off that 9 days clean. Trust me you think getting off addy is hard pail pills is 100x worse. Sorry I do not recommend using anything to replace or help withdraws from your addiction unless it's a new hobby, exercise or any healthy habit. Say nope to dope and ugh to drugs... Just kidding

• Like 1

I'd say if your going to try any drug that's not prescribed by a doctor to help the adderall addiction smoke pot. Not trying to promote smoking weed but it's a lot better to smoke pot than do pain pills pot is not addictive. Also I believe the law is a lot more harsh on non prescribed pain meds possession compared to say having a dime bag if you got pulled over, but don't quote me wouldn't want to be caught with either one myself.