QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hey gang,

I was wondering if any of you take B12 (I know its a very common supplement to take) - probably most of you have it. I take it and have taken it for years and always feel nothing from it. I have done a little research on the topic and apparently B12 vitamins aren't as affective as everyone would wish and I kinda feel like it's pointless to even take this. I was thinking about going to get the shot of it but how long does it last? And how much does it cost? And going to the doctor how offend? So I found a B12 spray from Amazon called "B12 Boost" by SprayVit and like mint spray, you spray it on your tongue. I just got it today and I'm gonna try to out tomorrow and let y'all know what I think and if I feel a difference or a "boost." It is "supposed" to be even more effective than the shot - so they say. We'll see.

A little over 2 months clean: I've been feeling really good lately, just a little spacey and sleepy still. I wrote my first poem last night (first poem without adderall). I have gone down to 10 hours of sleep instead of 12, sometimes. It's so odd because I have NEVER slept this much in my life and hate just not getting shit done like bam bam bam but I feel SO much better and happier without it. I'm getting a little bit of my hyperness back and ADHD pretty bad but I would rather have it be this way. And I'm excited about the future. No going back!

• Like 2

B-12 makes my scalp tingle.

I liked the sub-lingual cherry flavored tabs.

Need to find a way to bypass the digestive system for this vitamin.

I found it somewhat useful during the earlier stages of my recovery.

My mom took the shots every ten days and it helped to maintain her brain in old age.

Thanks for responding everyone :)

Haha I'm not expecting to feel high….. If I wanted to feel high I would go smoke a blunt.

I'm expecting to maybe notice a slight difference in my energy? But maybe I'm wrong and thats not how B12 vitamins work or are supposed to. I'm clearly not a doctor. Maybe the real reason to this post is me just wanting to feel clear headed again and not be so damn tired all the time. The first 2-3 hours I'm awake my mind is a funky cloud of foggy. And I just want a sharp, clear creative mind again but I know hopefully in time. I'm so impatience.

What got me thinking about this is after reading peoples reactions to getting b12 shots and how they feel so much of a difference, more energy, improvement in mood, etc. So I guess I'm on a quest to find different alternative ways and methods of getting natural energy/energy boosts besides caffeine.

• Like 1

green tea can give me a boost though its still caffeine its unprocessed  like coffee so its a different buzz. Basically less crash. If you got lots of cash pick up some dragon pearls. They are super tasty. A big mistake green tea novices make are preparing it at too high of  temperature.  80C/176F  is the correct temperature for green tea, boiling water  'burns' the tea. 

• Like 2

I love green tea.  If I use bags, it is usually 2-3 tea bags per cup.  Yerbe Matte is also good.  Lately I have been drinking loose leaf tea.  It comes in a vacuum sealed bag and the tea leaves are like little pellets that unwind into a full sized tea leaf when you add water to them, and it fills your entire cup with green tea leaves! 

ZK, what are dragon pearls?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I love tea. I literally collect it, but I drink it all so it's all good lol I like the loose and already bagged kind! I've even had some crazy flowers that bloom open all huge and funky after pouring the hot water over it. I go to a flea market near my bf's place in FL and get it organically and locally grown and for dirt cheap from a medicine woman/natural healer, she's awesome and knows a buttload about health and healthy alternatives, etc. People come over a hour away just to get her stuff on the weekends. I suggest checking out your local flea markets for local tea growers/farmers!

• Like 1