QuittingAdderall.com Forums

How did you fight off adderall withdrawals?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone here used Wellbutrin WITH Lexapro. I am currently in law school and I'm going to need the help to fight off the withdrawals so I can still study and function. I know Wellbutrin by itself worked well for combatting withdrawals but then I made me irritable. Maybe the Lexapro by itself will be enough? Just wanted to know how you all dealt with it, thank you!

Hey there,

Congrats on starting your new healthy lifestyle, being Adderall Free! Good for you and we are here for you every step of the way.

I haven’t taken Wellbutrin so I can’t really answer your question but I think exercise, yoga and/or mediation may help. If it doesn’t help with withdrawals, it will help with mood and overall starting a new, healthy positive lifestyle – if it’s something you aren’t currently doing. I found no time or need to exercise on Adderall but that’s just me.

Definitely eating right will help too and certain supplements help as well. Also, drink lots and lots of water. People don’t realize how important it is to drink enough water.

I’m only around 70-something days clean but I don’t think I would have been able to do it without this site, the people on it or my new love, yoga. But I know fitting in fitness or yoga to an already very busy lifestyle can be very hard, if not impossible.

To be honest (and I’m not saying this to scare you), there is no magical pill or solution or method to really skip out on the withdrawal symptoms. It is a very uncomfortable time, full of ups and down and is a struggle but I think you need to feel those feelings – in order to not, hopefully go back to your old ways.

One of the main reasons why I don’t think about taking it again… even if it’s just “once†is because I don’t want to restart this “quitting process†or go through what I’ve already done/gone through again because it’s been hard as shit. And I always say this but it’s so worth it. Looking back, I can’t believe I was on it for so long, I literally let myself be controlled by a drug for 7 years and that is no way to live.

Good luck with everything and you got this!

• Like 3

Just wondering why you think the Wellburtin is what made you irritable? I'm on it also but my bad moods is from withdraw I don't think was caused by the Wellburtin itself the fact that I can't get my addy fix is why I get angry. I think Lexpro decreases your sex drive while Wellburtin does not so personally if I'm off the addy and have no drive for sex that would piss me off even more. Personally I'm angry at myself not able to get my ass in work mode. People on here say wait it out months maybe a year I'll try to overcome this but instead of getting easier seems to be getting harder everyday after a month plus.