QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Benzo Trap

Greg

Quit Once,

It sounds like you've already answered your own question.  :)

An emotional attachment?  I have an emotional attachment to my cat.  I can't live without him.  I would seriously be heart broken and devastated if something ever happened to him. 

That's what my kind of emotional attachments feel like anyhow.....

• Like 3

I just wanted to update - I've been sticking to a roughly 50 percent taper. Its been getting much better. Today I actually felt so much better I decided not to take any xanax but a few hours into the day, withdrawal set in which is a painful reminder that Im not out of the clear. My appetite is definitely back. And when i wake up in the morning I want to go back to sleep (that is actually a good sign because it means the insomnia has been dissipating) I still have trouble falling asleep at night. But overall, it is much better than it was a week ago. Thanks everyone for your support  :)

Unlike adderall, cutting back on the xanax has been much easier because i feel like i have control whether i take it or not but with adderall, I felt completely powerless over that pill. I can see how a xanax addiction could lead down the same road though.

• Like 2

Yea, thanks for the update.  Letting a great thread like this just fade away would leave lots of future readers wondering and assuming the Xanax ultimately kicked your ass.  Please post your progress, and especially letting us know when you finally kick it for good.  Change your name?  naa.....we know and love you as InRecovery.  Even if I relapsed and had to quit again, I will always be quit-once around here :D

• Like 2

So happy to hear you're doing better InRecovery.  Well, thank God it's easier to kick than Adderall, right? Phew!  Would hate for you to have to go through yet another terrible struggle.

I hope you don't view this road bump as a total relapse in your recovery, right?  You know you are still on the same exact highway.  :)  You just got a couple flats, but you are in the process of repairing them and right back on your journey.  ;)

• Like 2

I feel like I'm on slippery slope but no way does this come nearly as bad as quitting adderall. I was both psychologically addicted to adderall and physically addicted to adderall. With benzos I think I am physically addicted only. I think the psychological part of the addiction is the hardest thing about quitting adderall. Adderall took control of my mind. I lost the belief in myself that I could do anything without adderall. Benzos have not done that to me yet. I think that's one of the reasons it's so different.

On Sunday I get my new prescription and I intend to continue my 50% taper. I will break them all in half and update you guys when I do so.

• 1 month later...

Last month with the job search everything I wasn't able to bring myself to do the taper. This month I have been sticking to 1.5 to 2 mgs. a day. If I go below that it is pretty awful. I hate xanax withdrawal. I will not go so far to say it is anything near as bad as adderall withdrawal for me, but its definitely not comfortable! Right now I am only taking that dosage to stave off withdrawal symptoms. It really sucks. Thanks for checking up, I was meaning to update. I hope to be rid of this soon.

• Like 2

I know what you mean my friend.  Ugh, it's so hard!  I tried to take a day off from klonopin yesterday and I was crazy manic (in a good way) all day.  But that eventually turned into a panic attack.   So I took one and then tried to channel my anxiety into work, which is something I'm trying to get better at.  

Xanax withdrawal sucks..... Klonopin withdrawal is a little gentler.  But it's still withdrawal.  It's still the same benzo trap :/