QuittingAdderall.com Forums

7 days. (My personal experience)

lissafae6

I think most of us can relate to this cycle of adderall hell.  You quit, say you'll never do it again, but then shamefully when the pills are available you take them.  We all have our own reasons and justifications for telling ourselves we need them.  The important thing is that you truly want help and that is the hardest thing for most addicts to admit or seek out.  For me I had to recognize what adderall was doing to me and it what it was making me do.  You said you would steal your boyfriends pills.  Is that something you would normally do or was it only under the haze of adderall that you did it?  I look back at how desperate I was to get this drug because I couldn't let it go.   I couldn't let go of how invinisible it made me feel.  But then the crashes afterwards were monstrous.  All those up and downs up and downs.  You shouldn't want to quit for your boyfriend or even for your child.  You have to find your own reasons to quit.  You have to hate the drug so much and what it does to you and be defiant against it.  It's a fight.  It's a battle.  But you can win.  It doesn't help that your boyfriend has a script and is offering you pills.  If he were serious about helping you he would never offer them to you and/or consider getting rid of his script altogether. 

You were a full entire person, capable of happiness and motivation and success before this drug entered your life.  There is hope that you can absolutely attain that same sense of yourself once again.  You said you are on day 7?  Try the 30 day challenge.  It gets immensely easier after 30 days, or so I hear.  I am on day 15 and sure I still want it, but I refuse to give in.  Drug addiction = mind control.  You can do this!!  Look at all of the people on this forum who have made it.  Think about the people who have taken it their entire lives.  You can do this!

• Like 2