QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Where would you be if you had not quit?

Zerokewl

I would probably on the refill roller coaster. Scoring pills from my buddy to fill the gap.  Heading further into  psychosis,crazy anger and more and more isolated.   The side effects would be worse and I would be upping my dosages.  I would be stuck in a dangerous cycle. 

• Like 4

That is such a good question. At the very best I would be in a cycle of in and out of rehab...outpatient therapy and in an assisted living housing community..

I would either be in psychosis locked in a psychiatric ward or...dead from suicide? because eventually I would not have been able to live like that.

• Like 3

I would've ended up in some kind of psychosis or in jail is my best guess . The dealer I used to buy so much from got busted like a year ago. I have a feeling I would've gone down with her.

I don't think death would've been so far-fetched either. After reading through these posts, it's unreal that we still even think of adderall....the power of addiction is terrifying! I'm soooo grateful to be out of that place....good topic to remind us what our alternative would be, zerokewl.

• Like 4

I would be desperately depressed and stuck. Fifteen months ago I started a new job, 3 days before quitting adderall for good. Picturing myself doing this job on adderall is a nightmare. Can you imagine working remotely full time on adderall? It's like an adderallic dream - make lists and do projects all day with no distractions! - that would quickly turn soooo nightmarish with no one to pull you out of your hyperfocusing thought tunnels, ever.

I would probably not be married. My now-husband who was my then-boyfriend probably would have gotten sick of putting up with my crashes and crazy mood swings. 

Flabby-skinny and surviving on wine and burritos instead of training for a half marathon.

• Like 2