QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Needed opinions on Straterra - the nin stimulant adhd drug

Has anyone had any experience with straterra???

If so please share....i cant take it anymore....i need help....

my backround is a severe adderall addict. Stimulants of any kind if not adderall. Also have terrible adhd though. It is very hard to be a parent and set good examples for a child when i cant even take care of myself properly, the laziness from quitting adderall is unbearable.

Has anyone had any experience with straterra???

If so please share....i cant take it anymore....i need help....

my backround is a severe adderall addict. Stimulants of any kind if not adderall. Also have terrible adhd though. It is very hard to be a parent and set good examples for a child when i cant even take care of myself properly, the laziness from quitting adderall is unbearable.

I had it prior to taking ritalin. I didn't get much out of it except for a nasty side effect I'd rather not describe.  Have you tried wellbutrin?

• Like 1

Yes, im on wellbutrin 300mg a day. I feel like it makes me angry :/

So ur from illinois?? Do u come to il anymore? Family here?

And thNks for the advice on that other post :)

that sounds like a high dose, have you asked your Dr about dropping down and only in the morning?

I was born in Rockford but moved a couple times until I was about 5 when we moved to OR. No my relatives are primarily in MO and Kentucky.

• 4 weeks later...

I really wish there was more research going into developing non-addictive meds for ADHD...

I have tried Strattera before, but it was hard to tell whether it was working or not. When I told my psychiatrist this, she switched me to Cymbalta, which is an SSNRI so it works on norepinephrine...Although I'm not sure how the mechanism works exactly. Except for the sexual side effects, it did help a little. (Keep in mind that I was also on other meds at the time including a pretty high dose of an antipsychotic, so unfortunately I can't comment on the experience of being just on Strattera or Cymbalta alone.)

I eventually switched to Wellbutrin, which helped to balance out some negative side effects of the Seroquel. I have heard that it increases anxiety for some people though...

Hope you find something that works!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I took my 11 year old daughter off of Concerta two days after I quit Adderall.  However, she really needed something different (preferable non stimulant) before school started, so she recently started taking Strattera.  WOW!  I am so amazed at how well she is doing on it.  Her tutor noticed a huge improvement in her attention even over her concerta focus.  Also, it builds up in her system so it does not wear off just in time for homework.  I highly recommend trying it, because it has been a life saver for our family! 

• 4 weeks later...