QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I was so close to a year off adderall

Freebird

Well I was unpacking a box of spring clothes and apparently I had stashed some there.

I have been so tired for so long and I don't know there were right there in my hand, so I took them over the next few days. And after not taking any for 11 months... to be honest, I just felt like what I imagine 'normal' people feel like EVERYDAY. I wasn't tweaked out like I use to be when I would take so many. I could actually get out of bed or off the couch and function, which has been a struggle for me since I quit may of 2013.

Of course I was nervous that I would start thinking how to get more etc but I didn't waste my time going down that road and just tried to stay in the moment. I didn't feel so hopeless for a few days. But a part of me deep down knew that I would not be strong enough to ever keep it at that level. But again I didn't dwell on it then.

But now that I can reflect back on what I did. I know I would never be able to take adderall at the level I needed to and it probably wouldn't take long before I start to increase dose gradually and well I know where that cause me to end up before. So now I am back on the couch not more depressed or tired or I don't know maybe I am actually. Having a glimpse of what "living" a "normal" life NOT DEPRESSED nor "TWEAKED" out could be like. of course I had stopped taking my Wellbutrin and lexapro about 2 weeks ago I thought it could be what was making me tired. But I don't know because now I am super depressed.

What do you guys think? You know I value and take you advice and opinion when it comes to this matter and I am desperately seeking advice/help. Thanks!

• Like 4

Robin,

That is a bummer, I'm sorry that you had to experience this so close to one year.  The big question on my mind is whether or not you have any more stashes that you might stumble on in the future.  If so, get rid of them now while the pain is still present in your mind!  You were strong enough to make it this far so I know that you can do this again.  I hope that you are able to find something that helps with your tiredness.  Good for you coming here for support!

• Like 3

Hey Robin,

Sorry you relapsed. Don't worry, you're not going to be tired forever. It's just a big adjustment to your brain to have chemicals taken away after so long. I felt much better after 2 years than one year. You just have to stick out the shitty parts (unless you want to be an addict the rest of your life.) Have you thought about joining NA or SMART Recovery and going to meetings? There is a Pills Anonymous near my house and I went a few times. It might be helpful to go to meetings if you're feeling vulnerable.

• Like 2

Don't worry, you're not going to be tired forever. It's just a big adjustment to your brain to have chemicals taken away after so long. I felt much better after 2 years than one year. You just have to stick out the shitty parts (unless you want to be an addict the rest of your life.)

Thank you for this Cassie, I think that a lot of us needed to hear it!

• Like 2