QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Please help

Helpme

Law studies must really be stressful as it seems like a lot of users come here from law school.  To your question, make a solid plan to quit that includes ZK's suggestion of cutting off your supply.  Read up on all the articles here and stay near to the forums for support.  We are here for you.

• Like 1

Helpme,

I completely understand where you are coming from. We have all been there. If I were you, I would quit again and for good this time and ASAP. The sooner, the better. It only gets worse and harder, the longer you wait, the more you become addicted, attached, damned, etc.

You have the power within you, you just really need to want it! You need to want to quit Adderall more than you want to take Adderall. Always think and remind yourself of the terrible side efforts and negative things it does to you or has done to you, don't think about any positives Adderall may have because that will not help. You've done it before and you can do it again.

Definitely shut off your supply and tell people around you, your quitting so they can help out and be supportive. I've been clean since Dec. 28th 2013 and I was on it for 7 years, daily and definitely abusing and addicted. I never thought I could live without Adderall but LOOK at me now! Stronger than ever. I feel SO much better now and starting to get more energy as well :) Adderall caused me very bad anxiety, depression, panic attacks and OCD thinking, not to mention it made me a boarder line alcoholic (only to name a few) and I never want to be or go back to that dark, negative hell hole place again, ever. I'm worth way too damn much to toss my life away to pills and so are YOU…

We are here for you every step of the way and we believe in you!

Caroline

• Like 2

Thank you so much for your amazing post SweetCaroline! Wow what a great story, very inspiring! You should be very proud of yourself!

I was thinking of starting by sticking to 30mg (currently I can go up to the 100's) only for studying until the bar in september.

What do you think?

Thank you so much for your support!!!

I'm in the process of weaning myself off the adderall. I was prescribed 60 mg a day but of course that was not enough so I doubled my dose to 120 mg a day. I would buy them when my prescription ran out. This was going on for about a yr and a half. My husband recognized I had a big problem with abusing the adderall so he now gives me 40 mg a day and hides the bottle from me.  I heard going off adderall cold turkey can have devastating results.  The 40 mg last about 2 hrs and then I crave the adderall for the rest of the day.  Today I found the bottle and snucked a couple more.  I'm tryng to learn how to function without them and it is extremely hard!!! I told my family and friends what was going on with me and asked for their support. If I dont get this under control my husband suggested rehab. I don't want to go that route because I have a 18 month old daughter. Is there anyone you can confide in and can manage your dose for you?  Let me know if I can help in anyway!!!!! Hang in there!!!!!   :)  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been around for the last couple of days...Well, of course I tried to stop this time by saying to myself I would do it by lowering my dose and of course it didn't work.

This may be different for other people but in my case, the only way to truly quit is by not having it anywhere near me.

So this is my first day completely off adderall... I'm soooo tired, brain fog, etc. No idea how Im goint to study for the law bar like this...I bought L-tyrosine, i think it helps a little...we'll see!

• Like 1