QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adrenaline

BeHereNow

I've been trying to do one thing every day that scares or challenges me and I think it's awesome and this post is awesome. I think I'm getting braver and I'm loving it. I also think it's helping me be the person I want to be, with no excuses and accepting and getting used to "rejection" and the word no. Life is full of No's but it shouldn't make you stop going after what you want in life. I like to feel an Adrenaline rush. Your right though, we don't need it all the time or everyday. If it wasn't for the rain, we wouldn't enjoy or appreciate the sunshine. This amazing well-written post just reminded me of this and made me want to share it with all of you.

Everyone who goes to my events receives an e-mail survey the next day. And those scores add into an overall rating I get, everyone can see, out of 5-stars. They can't read the comments though, only I can. It's hard to read some of the responses because you can't please everyone and everyone is NOT going to like you, regardless of how charming you are and how hard you try. Some are amazing and others string. I try to take it with a grain of salt but also use the more negative ratings and try to work on those. Most of the time, they complain about the venue or lighting but everyday, when I go to work, I try to get a higher overall rating than I did the last! It helps keep life spicy I guess lol

I'm sorry if this has nothing to do with Adrenaline, this is just what popped in my head after I read your topic. I'm glad you got threw the shady situation last night and you are alright! Thank you for sharing this wonderful post/manifest with all of us.

• Like 2

Actually, writing this makes me want to quit coffee!

One thing at a time......

Funny you wrote this - I just quit coffee 8 days ago after I realized I couldn't go a day without drinking it. I only had one 10 oz. cup a day but I if I missed it I would get headaches after a certain time. The first two days without coffee were okay, but days 3-5 I had the worst headaches and my sinuses felt like they were exploding. So I started drinking a cup of black tea to gradually cut out caffeine. After the horrible physical caffeine withdrawal I feel a lot better - calmer and able to think more clearly. I highly recommend it, but only to 'advanced' Adderall quitters. You have to be past the point where fatigue and lack of motivation are triggers for you in order to deal with the caffeine withdrawal.

• Like 3

Funny you wrote this - I just quit coffee 8 days ago after I realized I couldn't go a day without drinking it. I only had one 10 oz. cup a day but I if I missed it I would get headaches after a certain time. The first two days without coffee were okay, but days 3-5 I had the worst headaches and my sinuses felt like they were exploding. So I started drinking a cup of black tea to gradually cut out caffeine. After the horrible physical caffeine withdrawal I feel a lot better - calmer and able to think more clearly. I highly recommend it, but only to 'advanced' Adderall quitters. You have to be past the point where fatigue and lack of motivation are triggers for you in order to deal with the caffeine withdrawal.

I really am not this advanced yet. I am super hooked on caffeine.  I drink 2 americanos (triple shot expresso) + strong green tea everyday. I never thought about it till you posted this.. maybe I could cut back some

I've been trying to do one thing every day that scares or challenges me and I think it's awesome and this post is awesome. I think I'm getting braver and I'm loving it. I also think it's helping me be the person I want to be, with no excuses and accepting and getting used to "rejection" and the word no. Life is full of No's but it shouldn't make you stop going after what you want in life. I like to feel an Adrenaline rush. Your right though, we don't need it all the time or everyday. If it wasn't for the rain, we wouldn't enjoy or appreciate the sunshine. This amazing well-written post just reminded me of this and made me want to share it with all of you.

Everyone who goes to my events receives an e-mail survey the next day. And those scores add into an overall rating I get, everyone can see, out of 5-stars. They can't read the comments though, only I can. It's hard to read some of the responses because you can't please everyone and everyone is NOT going to like you, regardless of how charming you are and how hard you try. Some are amazing and others string. I try to take it with a grain of salt but also use the more negative ratings and try to work on those. Most of the time, they complain about the venue or lighting but everyday, when I go to work, I try to get a higher overall rating than I did the last! It helps keep life spicy I guess lol

I'm sorry if this has nothing to do with Adrenaline, this is just what popped in my head after I read your topic. I'm glad you got threw the shady situation last night and you are alright! Thank you for sharing this wonderful post/manifest with all of us.

Wouldn't worry too much about negative feed back some people just need to complain. In my experience with surveys / feedback/commenting systems negative people tend to want to be heard more than positive people.  When I work in the newspaper biz we called it the "vocal minority" 

• Like 1

...Is meant to be there for when we need it. A reserve supply, available anytime, day or night, for when an emergency-type situation arises.

Adderall elevates our adrenaline, and related neurotransmitters, artificially. And keeps them elevated until, out of exhaustion, we crash and let the drug wear off. In this case the adrenal stimulus is a pill, and not a dangerous situation requiring immediate strength, mental clarity, and agility. Over the long term, in cases of adrenal fatigue, adderall (and other stimulants, and stress, etc) gradually deplete adrenaline reserve supplies. So if an emergency-type situation arises, and the drug has worn off, you've got no option (except another pill?)

When I was on adderall, in the later days of my addiction, I had a case of serious adrenal fatigue. I had no adrenaline freely available; the only route to it was taking another pill. I've noticed that now, after 17 months clean, the adrenaline is available again, and there's a reserve supply. So last night, when I had to get through a somewhat shady situation, a bunch of adrenaline started pumping through my body. I needed it, and that's what it's there for. Because this world is crazy and we could run into a dangerous situation at any time.

Adrenaline plays a role in our everyday functioning. We need and we get a little bit just to wake up, or to exercise, or to run a nerve-racking meeting. But let's be honest. The mundane details of life, like cleaning, paper pushing, writing emails, studying, etc. do not warrant a massive adrenaline/dopamine/norepinephrine rush. (That's why we turned to adderall in the first place right?)

Getting over the adderall mentality means letting go of the idea that these mundane activities require anything more than just doing them. These things CAN be exciting sometimes, and that's great when they are. But you don't need a huge adrenaline rush to do your boring-ass job--or even an interesting one. You just go do it. The adrenaline will be there for later. For when you really need it. You can't have it all the time. It just doesn't work that way.

This is such great post. I can't tell you how much I thought about adrenaline depletion while using. Needing adrenaline was asolutely unnecessary for those mundane tasks. In fact it was strange that we felt we needed to be eager beavers to do the most mundane things.

It's nice to know we can produce adrenaline again. I never thought to appreciate that but yeah it's a great thing.

• Like 3

I'm sure you also got some people/customers that are just crazy and will never be happy no matter what. I see them in checkout lines and everywhere. That must be frustrating, But it's good you are setting goals to keep getting better!! I have no doubt you are awesome at what you do!
  • Like 3

Agh. I just wrote a long response to this and accidentally deleted!!! Anyway I just wanted to say CONGRATZ Cassie I remember u developed a bad caffeine habit similar to the smoking adderall connection when u were on vyvance. Quitting caffeine must be a challenge but after quitting stims this will be a cakewalk.

Agh. I just wrote a long response to this and accidentally deleted!!! Anyway I just wanted to say CONGRATZ Cassie I remember u developed a bad caffeine habit similar to the smoking adderall connection when u were on vyvance. Quitting caffeine must be a challenge but after quitting stims this will be a cakewalk.

It is so hard to quit caffeine but luckily it's only physical withdrawal. There's no compulsive coffee seeking behavior lol. I read in this book Caffeine Blues that you need to be caffeine free for 60 days to see the full benefits, so I'll let you know how I feel in 2 months.
  • Like 4

Thanks for all the comments to my response guys, it always means a lot. Sorry I've been a little MIA here the last week, I have 5 events a week now, I'm so busy, I haven't even been able to use my computer and I'm having withdrawals from QuttingAdderall and you guys lol

Happy to say, over the weekend, we (our licensee in Tampa) became the 2nd best one out of 182 worldwide, so I'm super excited all my hard work has been paying off and we must be doing something right!

Edit: And the BEST PART is I'm doing it ALL without ADDERALL!!!!

• Like 2

It is so hard to quit caffeine but luckily it's only physical withdrawal. There's no compulsive coffee seeking behavior lol. I read in this book Caffeine Blues that you need to be caffeine free for 60 days to see the full benefits, so I'll let you know how I feel in 2 months.

What are the purported benefits of quitting caffeine?

I have always viewed it as a relatively "harmless" addiction, whose benefits outweigh the costs.

Does the book "Caffeine Blues" rely on science?

What are the purported benefits of quitting caffeine?

I have always viewed it as a relatively "harmless" addiction, whose benefits outweigh the costs.

Does the book "Caffeine Blues" rely on science?

I wanted to quit because I couldn't get through the day without coffee. I didn't want to be dependent on a substance like that. I would get a headache from coffee withdrawal. I switched to a cup of black tea in the morning (about 50 mg caffeine), and now I can have a cup of coffee on the weekend without a withdrawal headache, and I feel the 'high' of coffee way more. Less anxiety, more calm, lower blood pressure are some of the benefits. The book is science based.

I wanted to quit because I couldn't get through the day without coffee. I didn't want to be dependent on a substance like that. I would get a headache from coffee withdrawal. I switched to a cup of black tea in the morning (about 50 mg caffeine), and now I can have a cup of coffee on the weekend without a withdrawal headache, and I feel the 'high' of coffee way more. Less anxiety, more calm, lower blood pressure are some of the benefits. The book is science based.

Do you eventually plan to give up the black tea too?

I have rarely experienced the negative side of consuming caffeine, unless I consume it in the evening and have insomnia.

I have experienced caffeine withdrawal while cleansing.  Throbbing frontal headache and generally feel like crap for a day or two.  Let me know if you make it the full 60 days, as recommended in the book.  I have yet to figure out why the consumption of coffee and tea is a major sin in the Mormon church.  It is right up there with smoking and drinking alcohol and it will keep an otherwise devout Mormon from certain religious activities in their temples.

Red Bull Rocks!

Do you eventually plan to give up the black tea too?

I have rarely experienced the negative side of consuming caffeine, unless I consume it in the evening and have insomnia.

I have experienced caffeine withdrawal while cleansing.  Throbbing frontal headache and generally feel like crap for a day or two.  Let me know if you make it the full 60 days, as recommended in the book.  I have yet to figure out why the consumption of coffee and tea is a major sin in the Mormon church.  It is right up there with smoking and drinking alcohol and it will keep an otherwise devout Mormon from certain religious activities in their temples.

Red Bull Rocks!

Maybe. With tea I don't feel the stimulant effects like coffee so it's not a big deal to me. I already feel a lot more alert in the mornings. I used to be dragging ass until I had coffee. I also used to take Exedrin every time I had a headache, which added to my caffeine consumption. Caffeine constricts your blood vessels. When you stop using it your blood vessels expand and more oxygen flows to your brain, and that's why you get a throbbing headache when you stop drinking coffee.