QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Why adderall and work don't mix

Greg

ZK - Just remember that "The same boiling water that hardens the egg softens the carrot" (Dr. James Dobson). The reasons for our struggles may not be immediately obvious or may not visible for years but they are making us better people.

Justin,Agree 100 %.  that was a great quote. 

I also spent inordinate amounts of time on relatively unimportant tasks, either to get them "perfect" or because I just couldn't let them go.  I was always late.  Late for work, late for appointments and late responding to deadlines.  Normally I am an "on-timer" - I hate being too early just as bad as being late.  Adderall made me late for everything, work related or not, and it didn't bother me.  It was normal to be late, and whatever made me late was always more important than being on time.  Adderall just changed my whole thought processes, and it took a long time for my brain to rewire itself after quitting.   

• Like 3

I lost my dream job too....for all the reasons y'all mentioned. Very good reasons! I laughed while reading, but it's really serious. I'm just glad I have unemployment. It's been almost 3 months, and I still haven't got a job! I was accepted into a graduate program though. This really isn't like me and I have to say that this is the worst part of my life or my career has ever been. My career was my life.

I lost my dream job too....for all the reasons y'all mentioned. Very good reasons! I laughed while reading, but it's really serious. I'm just glad I have unemployment. It's been almost 3 months, and I still haven't got a job! I was accepted into a graduate program though. This really isn't like me and I have to say that this is the worst part of my life or my career has ever been. My career was my life.

It's unfortunate we have to learn the hard way. For a long time I thought to myself, why can everything be the way it was before I got into the adderall mess. I def relate. For me grad school was a good move...it's great that u have that option.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...