QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I feel fucking fantastic

Zerokewl

No anti-d's , I take fish oil, a multi vitamins and a d supplement. I've been getting a lot of exercise outside. I've been eating a lot of greens lately too. quitting smoking has really made a difference in my mood. It's a huge weight off my shoulder getting that out of the way.

This is my formula for a better life too.  Diet is critical.  I gave up junk food, fast food, sugar, milk, cigs and getting drunk.  I grow my own veggies and eat lots of leafy greens.  I have been in training with a workout program for the last three months, replacing middle age flab with muscles I didn't know I even had.  My current supplement regimen consists of fish oil, L-tyrosine, Lions mane, and infrequently I take chromium picolenate, vitamin C and a B complex. 

Glad to hear you are doing well, ZK.  It just keeps getting better - I am still noticing gains after three years, but I am still waiting for my full return of motivation and confidence.    

, but I am still waiting for my full return of motivation and confidence.

I wouldn't say that motivation, focus and confidence are back 100% but it's a lot better and I can see improvement. It's a lot easier when you are not depressed. I've been buying bags of fresh sprouts at the farmers markets which I swear really help. I think sometimes we forget to post here when we are feeling good.

• Like 4

I think sometimes we forget to post here when we are feeling good.

It's such a cliche but eating healthy and exercising make all the difference in the world. I'm glad to see that you have been able to make such important changes in your lives. I've accomplished more in the last year without medication than I have in the last 12 years with it, and people no longer call me a sociopath. It's the little victories.

• Like 3

It's such a cliche but eating healthy and exercising make all the difference in the world. I'm glad to see that you have been able to make such important changes in your lives. I've accomplished more in the last year without medication than I have in the last 12 years with it, and people no longer call me a sociopath. It's the little victories.

Congrats on not being a sociopath lol. I think you have to been on Adderall to get that.  Mindset is everything. Also welcome to the site Andreas

• Like 1

Congrats ZeroKewl!!!  

I agree, we sometimes forget to post when we feel good. I love reading posts like this.  It's so encouraging!!

I feel fantastic too!   I swear by eating healthy, exercising a LOT (and making it fun!!!), plenty of sleep, spending time with positive people, staying away from toxic/negative people, laughing.   Lots.   Good friends.  Not taking life or yourself too seriously.  Having a good sense of humor and staying positive about life.  Its way too short not to.   

I know I won't shut up about it but I also swear by not drinking alcohol.  I am on day 28 alcohol-free and I couldn't be happier to never drink alcohol again!  I'm so excited to reach day 60 because I haven't gone that long since I was a teenager.

I don't chalk any of this up to my antidepressants or supplements or anything anymore.  I could be sitting in a room taking all kinds of meds and they wouldn't do shit.   Drugs are completely pointless if you don't make positive therapeutic changes in your attitude and life. 

I'm coming to think of recovery as a holistic process.   Putting less mental investment in chemicals to help me along.  More investment in how I live and interact with the world, the people I surround myself with, the choices I make, the environment I choose and create.  

Setting goals like what you're doing helps too, ZK.  And making them achievable.  It's all very empowering!  

Thank you for posting this, ZK!

• Like 3

Really glad to see this because right now I'm struggling with being off adderall for 3 weeks and I think a lot of it stems from my shitty diet. I treated myself to eating whatever I wanted because I never ate anything on addy, but now I think i've gotten to used to eating whatever, whenever, and it's making me feel sluggish, lazy, and depressed.

Time to start eating healthy and exercising and to stop bitching and feeling sorry for myself!

• Like 4

Really glad to see this because right now I'm struggling with being off adderall for 3 weeks and I think a lot of it stems from my shitty diet. I treated myself to eating whatever I wanted because I never ate anything on addy, but now I think i've gotten to used to eating whatever, whenever, and it's making me feel sluggish, lazy, and depressed.

Time to start eating healthy and exercising and to stop bitching and feeling sorry for myself!

It's pretty normal to feel lazy, sluggish and depressed at 3weeks. Eating better and exercising will help but in early recovery don't fight the urge to get caught up on sleep it's your brains way of closing down for maintenance and repairs. Welcome to the forum

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Woah.

I am back in the cycle again of binging on adderrall so I came back on this site to re-read some of the stuff in the forums to get me motivated to quit again and I just read this thread and totally forgot I posted on here when I was about 25 days addy free. 

God damn do I miss being off that drug. I was bored and felt lazy at the time but I was still able to live my life without relying on the drug and didn't have to worry about running out of my script or having enough money to buy from "friends" with extra pills. 

I didn't have to deal with the terrible nights of just lying in bed not being able to fall asleep and then going to work on no sleep and popping even more pills to keep me functional.

I have about 11 pills left and I hope I can ration them out until Friday and then I want to just lie in bed all weekend and start fresh on Monday.