QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall Ruined my Sex Life

seldrawy

I have always been ADHD and diagnosed with it since the age of 10. Long story short. I have been on Adderall the past 2 years; Went from making $11.25 an hour to $35 an hour. Made me advance in my career really efficiently to say the least.

The side effect:

I am in a state of depression. I am a straight 24 year old male and I haven't had sex or a girlfriend in 2 years. I have a very high IQ, am extremely athletic, good looking, and have plenty of male friends. I am extremely outgoing and confident.

Unfortunately, due to Adderalls tendency to overstimulate the "logical" side of the brain it has stopped me from building connections with females. I talk and I'll be thinking of the spreading of Ideas and concepts. Unfortunately, that's not the type of talk that turns women on, and you can see how that was an obstacle to my sex life. It would also make me overthink and question myself making me lose my sexual confidence.I would micro-manage every part of the conversation. This would obviously make female counterparts feel uncomfortable, as I would come off as hesitant and "creepy."

Furthermore, I have been hypersexual. Adderal mixed with wellbutrin was an awful combination and I would find myself masturbating over 7 times a day. This would deplete my dopamine levels and as a result exacerbate my anxiety making it even harder to develop relationships with the opposite sex.

I have been withering down Adderal to a mere 20mg a day (XR). The change did successfully allow me to feel a range of emotions better. However, I am still "creepy." I need to get rid of amphetamines all together. I was originally prescribed 60 mg XR. My main fear from quitting Adderal is both losing my job and gaining weight. I fitness model so my bodyfat % is extremely important to me.

Tomorrow will be the first day I quit cold turkey. I am looking forward to it. Sometimes on days I don't take it, I get this happiness that I used to get when talking to a girl I like. It's like I laugh and all of a sudden not micro-managing my conversation. I would trade anything to be able to get that feeling again. I want to be human. Even my colleagues at work will overlook my worsened performance if I get my real personality back.

• Like 1

I have always been ADHD and diagnosed with it since the age of 10. Long story short. I have been on Adderall the past 2 years; Went from making $11.25 an hour to $35 an hour. Made me advance in my career really efficiently to say the least.

The side effect:

I am in a state of depression. I am a straight 24 year old male and I haven't had sex or a girlfriend in 2 years. I have a very high IQ, am extremely athletic, good looking, and have plenty of male friends. I am extremely outgoing and confident.

Unfortunately, due to Adderalls tendency to overstimulate the "logical" side of the brain it has stopped me from building connections with females. I talk and I'll be thinking of the spreading of Ideas and concepts. Unfortunately, that's not the type of talk that turns women on, and you can see how that was an obstacle to my sex life. It would also make me overthink and question myself making me lose my sexual confidence.I would micro-manage every part of the conversation. This would obviously make female counterparts feel uncomfortable, as I would come off as hesitant and "creepy."

Furthermore, I have been hypersexual. Adderal mixed with wellbutrin was an awful combination and I would find myself masturbating over 7 times a day. This would deplete my dopamine levels and as a result exacerbate my anxiety making it even harder to develop relationships with the opposite sex.

I have been withering down Adderal to a mere 20mg a day (XR). The change did successfully allow me to feel a range of emotions better. However, I am still "creepy." I need to get rid of amphetamines all together. I was originally prescribed 60 mg XR. My main fear from quitting Adderal is both losing my job and gaining weight. I fitness model so my bodyfat % is extremely important to me.

Tomorrow will be the first day I quit cold turkey. I am looking forward to it. Sometimes on days I don't take it, I get this happiness that I used to get when talking to a girl I like. It's like I laugh and all of a sudden not micro-managing my conversation. I would trade anything to be able to get that feeling again. I want to be human. Even my colleagues at work will overlook my worsened performance if I get my real personality back.

I am 48 and married 20 + years, so in a bit of a different circumstance then you, but I can tell you that during my 4.5 years on speed my sex drive sucked.  

There was a link to a video on one of these posts awhile back, and in it it was explained that arousal releases dopamine (like speed or food or booze), but that the chemical result or experience of an orgasm is more like an opiate.  So, my non-scientific conclusion is that while you are a speed user you don't care about dopamine from other sources (it doesn't do much for you) i,e, the arousal, but that you want the opiate rush (orgasm). So of course, this isn't good for having sex with women, as you just want to get off ASAP.

After a few months clean it came back pretty strong.

• Like 2

thanks for the input..

I think we differ in terms of drive. not necessarily because of age, but because I am in general hornier than 99% of guys.. (and that's without adderall usage).. so amphetamine took an already bad habit and just put it on overdrive..

But I think your explanation definately goes for why I tend to masturbate over 6 times a day. I am finding myself having to go to the bathroom at work.. (pretty serious)... it's stuff like this that made me come to the realization that I have problems and that adderall usage cannot be healthy. As this is not a normal. Having trouble with females is only a consequence of a root problem. aka.. a chemical imbalance

• Like 1

I sooo undedrstand what you're going thru.  I'm still trying to quit adderrall (so far only on the weekends)  I've been on it for 2 years and haven't had a signficant relationship/connection with a guy since. It's weird because I used to be such a relationship person but this drug has made me so cold that it seems like a chore to find a relationship. 

When I do find someone I end up scaring them away because of my mood swings and impulsive arguments; even after knowing them for a short time which is embarrasing

I understand your reluctance to quit & gain weight. I'm in the fitnesss industry to as a competitor and I always tell myself "i'll quit after this event....."

• Like 1

I sooo undedrstand what you're going thru.  I'm still trying to quit adderrall (so far only on the weekends)  I've been on it for 2 years and haven't had a signficant relationship/connection with a guy since. It's weird because I used to be such a relationship person but this drug has made me so cold that it seems like a chore to find a relationship. 

When I do find someone I end up scaring them away because of my mood swings and impulsive arguments; even after knowing them for a short time which is embarrasing

I understand your reluctance to quit & gain weight. I'm in the fitnesss industry to as a competitor and I always tell myself "i'll quit after this event....."

I guess I will just have to make sure I work out 7 days a week and not take rest times for a while.. 

It's going to be tough. Today is day 1 of me not taking adderall.. the hunger isn't that bad because i withered it down. I feel like its still in my system since theres some mild level of anxiety..

I think you 2 are just experiencing some of the many shitty side effects of Adderall. Get off that shit and everything will fall into place and go back to normal in time.

Sending you both my love!

Thanks for your support.. Last time I was off adderall I was a highschool kid,,, I still haven't really begun an "adult life" as myself yet.. can't wait to see what it brings lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...