QuittingAdderall.com Forums

CBA - Cost Benefit Analysis

LILTEX41

Hey liltex,

I was just in a funk for awhile - tired, brain fog, eating a lot. So I started taking a multivitamin and a fish oil pill, and within a couple days the fog had lifted and I had energy again. So I think I just had a vitamin deficiency. Might be something to try. There's always another way!

You guys are the best! :)

Thanks Krax. Yeah, that's really crappy about your wife's father. Have you ever told him how you felt about him making those comments?

Cassie, that's great advice. I actually figured out a big part of my issue was going on back at the pill and it totally jacked me up for the past few months. I quit taking it this past week and I'm feeling so much better. I haven't been taking my vitamins either so I will give that a shot and see if that helps.

Z- this video is perfect! I love it. Thank you! :)

• Like 1

You guys are the best! :)

Thanks Krax. Yeah, that's really crappy about your wife's father. Have you ever told him how you felt about him making those comments?

Cassie, that's great advice. I actually figured out a big part of my issue was going on back at the pill and it totally jacked me up for the past few months. I quit taking it this past week and I'm feeling so much better. I haven't been taking my vitamins either so I will give that a shot and see if that helps.

Z- this video is perfect! I love it. Thank you! :)

No in that era it was common my mom told my sister the same thing

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't matter who runs the media outlets - women want to see skinny models and they are the consumers of fashion and beauty products. Women may say they want to see real women but if that were true in the aggregate then that's what would be portrayed. Kind of like how people said they wanted salads at McDonald's during focus groups and when they introduced salads they sold horribly. All media have the same advertising goals, to make you feel that buying their products/looking a certain way will help you achieve happiness. If you're reading fashion magazines, the images are for you.

I'm defending guys here because you're right, it's no secret that men don't want a chick that looks like a 12 year old boy. It's women that are ultimately at fault for beauty standards in the media.

There's an interesting book about this phenomenon, "What She's Not Telling You."  Amongst other things (like the fascinating world of focus groups and what marketing "professionals" are really doing behind their two-way mirrors), it talks about how the Dove campaign featuring "real" (as opposed to airbrushed/supernaturally skinny) women failed to draw new female customers. Worth checking out, imho. :-)