QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Need some help (only if you were on Adderall/Klonopin Combo)

Kev9765

I now know that I can defeat Adderall.  I went over 3 months without taking it after swallowing pills nonstop for about 4 1/2 years.  However, like I'm sure many of you, I was also poisoned with Klonopin (I understand that this may be something that would better be posted on benzo buddies; I'm going to join that site also).  To me, Adderall was the most psychologically addictive drug imaginable.  I'm finding out now that Klonopin is the most physically addictive drug imaginable.  Tapering off of Klonopin has been hell.  I've had depersonalization, confusion, headaches, anxiety, paranoia, irritability, nausea, etc.  It's been worse than Adderall.  A couple of weeks ago, I took an Adderall pill for the first time in months.  I had a little bit of cravings for it, but I mainly took it because I thought that it would help me during my benzo tapering.  I'm down to I mg of Klonopin a day after taking 3-4 mg for 5-plus years.  For a few weeks, I've taken Adderall, not every day, and only between 5-15 mg's a day.  I actually don't feel addicted to it and I don't feel the need to take 50-60 mg a day like I used to.  I don't even consider this a setback for me.  I consider it a slight aid to help wean off Klonopin.  I understand there are probably much better aids.

Thoughts?  Again, only Klonopin/Adderall users can really understand this combo.  Probably going to join benzo buddies.

One more thing - after speaking with psychiatrists, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners, I am now 100% convinced these doctors, in general, are useless.  It's mind boggling how ignorant, clueless, and stupid these doctors are; they think they're geniuses and they know nothing.  The mental health system in the US is a complete joke.  The pharmaceutical industry, the FDA, psychiatry, drug companies, the government = evil, corruption, the downfall of our country.  I got off Effexor, Ambien, I proved that I can stay away from Adderall, and I'm weaning myself down on Klonopin.  Once I'm completely off, I'm never going step foot in a doctor's office again (5-6 yrs ago, if I would've started buying weed and coke on the street instead of seeing a doctor and being prescribed Adderall and Klonopin I'd probably be in a better psychological state of mind today).

Take care, everyone!!!

• Like 3

I've never taken Klonopin so you don't have to read my post of you don't want to.

It's sounds like the side effects of coming off klonopin really suck. I do not know what you are going through but I can be empathetic. As for doctors yes, it seems like a lot of the times doctor completely drop the ball.

I would say just by the fact that you joined this forum and posted this, that you have the strength in you to get off klonopin. It seems like a lot of people have success with Wellbutrin. Best of luck mate.