QuittingAdderall.com Forums

2 birds 1 stone

dangerbean

I know there was a thread somewhere about what was your favorite thing about quitting adderall.  when i was on forums earlier this week, i didn't feel like I could answer that.  But, today has been an awesome sober day for me, and I was looking to post in that thread and couldn't find it.  But my favorite thing about quitting adderall is something that i know will add years to my life and immense quality too, plus saved money, so maybe it can have it's own spot anyway.  

okay, here it is....favorite thing about quitting adderall!!!!!

I quit smoking cigarettes at the same time!!!!

On adderall, I smoked a pack and a half a fucking day!  Since I stopped taking adderall? No desire to smoke a cigarette whatsoever!  So I'm not only 30+ days adderall clean, but 30+ days nicotine clean!!!  that translates to over $400 in savings to me too!!! okay...as someone who smoked a whole lot before, i will try to refrain from going on and on about the evils of smoking cigarettes and the benefits of quitting because i HATED smoke-shamers.  so, i'm sorry if anyone still likes their smokes and does not like being smoker-shamed.  I'm not trying to sound that way.  I just am really excited that something as hard as giving up adderall has made giving up cigarettes so easy for me, and the benefits of giving up cigarettes are so many and so great that it feels good to think about.  it is another reason i'm happy i quit adderall. 

i also don't have to lie to my boyfriend about smoking anymore...and i don't have to sneak around my niece to have a cigarette either.  huzzah!

• Like 3

As a former smoker I can attest to how amazing it feels to quit.   And I definitely remember how "well" adderall and cigarettes felt together... its a common experience I think...and the way it becomes a "dirty secret" lol.   Among so many things, I love that now my lungs feel cleaner and more effective.  I'm a runner now too, which I couldn't do as a smoker. 

Congratulations on 30 days clean  :)  

• Like 4

I was a very hardcore adderall taker. A lot of the new people probably dont know but  I snorted it, mixed it with vyvance, and concerta, and I hit rock bottom on it, when I lost my job and ended in rehab and drug therapy. 

Quitting the chain smoking was a HUGE plus. But reproducing dopamine in my brain in a normal way again was the BIG KAHUNA plus.

And quitting adderall saved my life. Sometimes I dont want to just say quitting adderall. I quit a adderall AND vyvance AND concerta AND ritalin both the Extended release and short term release.

Right on!   Quitting adderall saved my life too.   And not just literally.   I mean I also got my LIFE back. 

• Like 1