QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Please No More Spam

BeHereNow

Hello everyone,

Like the title says, this forum is a space for addiction & recovery support specific to adderall and related stimulants.    People come on here seeking advice and to connect with others who are going through similar experiences.  

Spam is pretty much irrelevant here.  It's not just annoying, it's also invasive.  

And, it's completely inefficient from your end.  I'm no entrepreneur or anything, but even just from a strictly practical perspective, it seems that people who need to advertise a business or service should just use an outlet directed at people who are looking for those businesses or services or apps or dating websites or whatever it is that you're trying to advertise!  But quitting adderall forums?  Really?

And in all seriousness, filling the forums with spam drives away people who come here in need of support and advice, many of whom who would not be willing to turn anywhere else.  People who are struggling with a deadly and extremely addictive drug.    

If it wasn't for these forums I would not be clean today.  And that's a fact for a number of users here.

For everyone's sake here, please don't spam the boards. 

• Like 2

Occasional, you really summed it up well with this post.  On this website, spam is like vandalism.  I just don't get it, at all.  I don't understand what a spammer hopes to gain by spamming these boards.  The non-commercial nature of this web site is a pretty sacred and unusual thing on the internet.  And the spammers of the world try to screw it up for all of us who come here for support.  If a spammer had anything positive to contribute in their posts, I would consider not deleting it.  But these spammers are cowardly assholes only interested in flinging spam for their own personal gain.  If there are any spammers reading this, I challenge you to respond on this thread.  Please help me to understand what results you hope to achieve by spamming this forum which is so helpful to everyone in the process of quitting stimulants. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New member registrations had to temporarily halted to get control of the spam problem.  Mike is working on a fix.  He has also cleaned up all of the recently deposited spam in the lounge and elsewhere on the website.  A big thank you to Mike for creating and maintaining this community without commercial sponsorship! 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...