QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Lion's Mane Article

I have taken Lions Mane for about the last 1.5 years.  I buy it at Whole Foods - Host Defense brand - and I usually take two 500 mg capsules per day, so a bottle of 60 capsules lasts me about a month. 

When I first began taking it, I felt an overwhelming sense of relief that my mental clarity and working memory had returned.  By taking Lions Mane and fish oil supplements, I believe they have helped to rebuild and heal my brain from the damage caused by years of Adderall abuse and ending the brain fog that is so prevalent in early recovery.

One down side of taking them,  I have observed lately that I tend to over-think things instead of just getting shit done.  So, I  mostly quit taking them about two months ago.  I still take it occasionally if I feel mentally slow.  The other brain supplements I still take are L-Tyrosine and fish oil.  I noticed a decline in my working memory when I tried to quit taking fish oil (after about a month), but no down side to not taking the Lions Mane.

I believe taking Lions Mane was essential to rebuilding my brain from the damage caused by Adderall.  But I also believe that brain rebuilding process is mostly complete 3.5 years after quitting, and I do not plan on taking the Lions Mane or any other supplement or pill on a regular basis.

• Like 1