QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Please share your adderall replacement regime

• 2 weeks later...

Quit once...I have been keeping a food journal for the last 3 days as I am trying to get into ketogenesis.  It is eye opening.  I feel so much better when I have some pork rinds.  I just discovered them!  This LCHF diet is short on crunch, if you know what I mean.  I was so happy to bite into those little salt and vinegar flavored rinds!  Ahh...life really is good right now. 

There are smart phone apps for food journaling, but for me, the simplicity of keeping a spiral notebook memo pad in my pocket or always near me made it work.  It helped me quit mindless snacking and realize how many empty calories I was getting from alcohol.  Are you totaling up the carbs and calories on a daily basis from everything, including beverages?  net carbs?  Have you achieved ketosis/ketogenesis yet?

I am totaling it up using an apps. I should be nearing ketogenesis soon. I have been doing this strict biz for a week tomorrow. It can take a couple of weeks, but my carb intake has been super low. Hopefully, it won't be much longer. I don't drink any calories. Haven't in a looooong times. Well, I put cream in my coffee, but I add that up in my app. I have been holding steady at the post water weight loss weight. Should start seeing the scale move soon.

i'm finally getting back on the nutrition/exercise bandwagon, trying not to think about what *COULD HAVE BEEN* if I had stuck to it

first few days are the worst but it's started getting easier.

I tried LCHF a few times over the past few years and it just doesn't work for me - I can't stand it - I need my milk and sugars too much...

I do agree it does work though

• Like 1

I have reached the halfway point of weaning myself off of my medication. This took about a year to accomplish. I didn't want it to interfere with my career so I am taking it slow. Ever since I started this incremental decrease I have experienced irritability, mood swings, increased hunger, weight gain, anxiety, trouble sleeping, lack of drive, loss of focus, brain fog and depression. I tried my best to compose myself at work and crashed as soon as I got home. I was miserable and I was angry. 

I had been told by a few people about a product line called Plexus. I was a little reserved about it but once I researched the product and found that the ingredients were not harmful and were all natural I decided to give it a try. I just wanted to feel alive again.

A week later I received my products in the mail. I followed the directions and Oh My Gosh, they worked! By the second day, I felt amazing! The brain fog was gone! My depression was gone! My anxiety and mood swings were gone!   I feel more alive today than I have felt in over a year. 

I am currently taking the TriPlex combo which is the most popular (Plexus Slim packet in the morning, BioCleanse capsules during the day, and my probiotic at bedtime).  These products work together to regulate blood sugar levels and maintain a healthy gut which in turn maximizes quality of life. The slim was crucial in helping me control the overeating and cravings. If you would like to know more about these products I would be happy to share with you. They have helped me so much. I now have hope and I no longer dread what life will be like without Adderall!

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of/used something called "Focus Formula" from GNC? I'm almost 5 months clean and I'm really nervous about taking something that I could potentially get hooked to, the guy at the store said its all natural (also no stimulants except caffeine) but I just wanted to check here just in case. I've added a photo of the back of the box :)post-12048-0-08521500-1456696612_thumb.j

It looks like an interesting product.  I had really good luck with a GNC product like that when I first quit.  "Thermo burst super hard core" or something like that.  It helped me to still get some kind of energy from a pill because it took a couple of years to wean off the habit of taking a pill when I needed an extra boost.  I know there were some GNC products that were controversial but I think they have been pulled from the market. 

Go ahead and try it!  If you start looking forward to the next pill too much or if it doesn't agree with you then be careful, but I don't think ANY supplement will ever come close to the addictive properties of Adderall. 

• Like 1