QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Day 4 of quitting and i have no Motivation

pdxpaul79

Hey everyone.

On day 4 of quitting and physically i feel great but i feel bad about myself. I'm trying to find motivation just to get everyday things done it's been really tuff. For example. i have my kids for the next 2 days and i'm the most loving father and ALWAYS look forward to the days i have them. But today i had to tell myself several times to get up you have to get them. I guess what i'm asking is this last a long time. Is there anything helpful that others have done to get through this part.  

Hi - I know the feeling.  I have two children myself and felt the same way.  Here are two things that helped me:

1)  I explained to my children what I was going through and that it was going to cause to be very tired for sometime (months).  They were very understanding and even helpful.

2)  I simply accepted the fact that I would have low motivation and energy for many months (despite doing everything I could to counteract it) - but in the end quitting the medication was the right thing to do.

I have been off Adderall for 3.5 months now and my motivation and energy is difinitly starting to return.  Those were some difficult months but I would quit all over again even if it meant I lacked energy for a whole year.  I have just viewed it all as "life happens" and I would rather have Adderall withdrawal than a permanetly dibilitating illness.  

Hang in there!!