QuittingAdderall.com Forums

3 years

Cassie

Congratulations on your 3 year anniversary!! I'm a little over a year sober and although I am light years away from where I started, I'm not where I want to be yet. It's nice to hear that you've continued to see improvement in year two and three. it gives me more to work towards and to look forward to-thanks!

• Like 4

Cassie,

You hit the nail on the head.  I so know what you mean by it at first solving all your problems, and then exacerbating them.  That's exactly what it did for me.  And with time away from this drug you do actually develop all those skills naturally.  I am so thankful I was totally wasted when I slipped because I barely remember what it felt like other than it kept me awake longer to drink.  I am grateful for that.  I am grateful I didn't take it dead sober and tweak the hell out.  I haven't put as much thought as a lot of you have in regards to the changes that have taken place since I quit, but I do know what you mean looking back.  I am not the intense insane person I used to be on that drug.

Anyhow, I am rambling.  Just know that I am so happy to see this amazing post from you and it has been a pleasure to see you grow in your recovery.  You are an inspiration to so many!

Congratulations my friend!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...