QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Best vitamins/supplement combo as replacement for Adderall?

I am 5 days clean from Adderall. I have quit once before, for 89 days, with the help of AA meetings.  I had been using for 6 years. I'm feeling lethargic and experiencing mental fog, among other withdrawl symptoms. I want to start taking supplements. I was thinking B-complex vitamins, Fish Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, 5-HTP, and Ginkgo Biloba. Has anyone used any of these or this combination and had good results or improvement? Does anyone have a better suggestion? I am not interested in energy drinks, but am open to suggestion, other than that :] Please share  ^_^

(Also, i'm new here and not sure if i posted this question in the right spot on the forums. If not, please direct me to the right place? Thanks, fellow quitters)

• Like 2

Hi Rach,

The supplements you're mentioning are useful.  You'll probably want to add L-Tyrosine; it helps the brain replenish dopamine, which is what your brain is missing when you quit adderall.  I know it's really useful for a lot of quitters, especially early on.

Many people have found that antidepressants especially Wellbutrin help a lot.   Personally, I've been taking it for the past year and a half and it helps me immensely.  But that's another huge commitment and something to consider only if you need it, with your doctor.

Also, try to focus on eating healthy, high-protein foods.  Get plenty of sleep as this helps your brain heal.   Exercise if you can.  Give yourself TIME to heal.  

Ultimately there is no replacement for adderall.  And nothing will ever even remotely resemble it.  

If you want to quit successfully, you'll eventually need to let go of that desire and that mentality.

But you don't want an adderall substitute, anyway, right?  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...