QuittingAdderall.com Forums

7 days removed from adderall WOAH! I dont understand...

rustifer

First time poster. I am prescribed 90 mg adderal daily. I have taken that amount for 6 months with no drug free days. Male. 230 lbs. 41 yrs old.

I wasnt thinking of quitting as their are alot of positives but i got a sudden sickness 7 days ago and stopped taking any. Now i am sleeping 20 hours a day and it does not feel like an illness anymore but more like withdrawal. Even the ER doc suggested that. I have only felt this way one time before....coming off meth a decade ago.

Is this normal? I am seriously considering quitting now given how i feel...

Hi - Unfortunately, what you are experiencing related to Adderall withdrawal happens to many people.  I was taking 60 mg a day and stopped taking the prescription about 5 months ago.  While the first two months were the worst for me (in terms of fatigue), I can still feel the fatigue to this day.

In my own simple terms, Adderall attaches itself to your energy, mood, ability to focus and motivation.  When the Adderall leaves your system, it takes those attributes with it.  They do come back over time - but it can take many months or even years.  It is a very dangerous drug and unfortunately it is diagnosed way too often.

I hope that helps.  Stay off it if you can.  If you can't quit cold turkey (not recommended) get with a doctor and work out a long-term plan to reduce use over time.  Best of luck!

My wife told me to taper as i am a complete zombie and a job that will not allow it right now. 45 mg ir for starters and then down to 30 mg xr for next and eventually 0 before considering a restart at a lowwwww dose on an as needed basis.

thanks for your input very much. I have taken lower doses of ritalin for a year (45 to 60 mg) and quit for no

good reason and was fine. I am ADD diagnosed twice over and hugely benefit from it but 90 mg of adderal is too damned much

I can't believe that your doctor would prescribe you adderall when you have a history of methamphetamine abuse.  Was he aware of your history?  I have read here that in the NA meetings, the meth and adderall addicts have similar withdrawal.  I don't have personal experience with meth for comparison.  I would recommend never going back on it, because you have a week clean already, right?  Good luck and welcome!