QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Gratitude - what are you grateful for?

LILTEX41

Feeling "normal" in early recovery....i.e. doing things like taking my clothes to the dry cleaner, scheduling a hair appointment (and actually showing up!); Being able to tolerate intense irritability/loneliness without pills; Developing some sort of spirituality; Stability! Not so many ups and downs....

My cat

My health

My support system

• Like 4

Not having to worry: am I going to be done this by the time my adderall wears off?

I don't miss that tell-tale feeling where I realized my buzz was ending, and then being overwhelmed with the compulsion to take another pill to make it go away.  And the thought in the back of my mind (and me trying to push it back further, even as the supply dwindled) dreading the fact that EVENTUALLY I'm going to have to come back to reality.

I'm grateful that's gone.

• Like 4

Great post!

I am grateful for my health. My health was seriously declining physically and mentally on Adderall and now in recovery my body is slowly recuperating. I'm so grateful I'm able to reverse some of the damage.

I am grateful for my friends and family. They stuck by me when I was not very nice or compassionate towards them. Now, I am showing them all the love I should have never stopped giving them.

I'm so grateful to be alive.

• Like 4

Not having to worry: am I going to be done this by the time my adderall wears off?

I don't miss that tell-tale feeling where I realized my buzz was ending, and then being overwhelmed with the compulsion to take another pill to make it go away.  And the thought in the back of my mind (and me trying to push it back further, even as the supply dwindled) dreading the fact that EVENTUALLY I'm going to have to come back to reality.

I'm grateful that's gone.

Fantastic!!!! 

Great post!

I am grateful for my health. My health was seriously declining physically and mentally on Adderall and now in recovery my body is slowly recuperating. I'm so grateful I'm able to reverse some of the damage.

I am grateful for my friends and family. They stuck by me when I was not very nice or compassionate towards them. Now, I am showing them all the love I should have never stopped giving them.

I'm so grateful to be alive.

So wonderfully put.  You sound joyful.  That's the spirit! :)

• Like 2

What is kind of work are you doing Z?

customer service + cold calling for a non-profit. The job is lame but it really helps with bills. I'm doing some interesting programming projects and such but the project cycle can be slow.  Not really sure what the hell I am doing with my life, but I can't hire a high strung crazy corporate culture. I'm hoping one of my freelance clients takes me in house at some point. I live in a very petroleum based economy so low oil prices mean things are little slower. 

• Like 1

customer service + cold calling for a non-profit. The job is lame but it really helps with bills. I'm doing some interesting programming projects and such but the project cycle can be slow.  Not really sure what the hell I am doing with my life, but I can't hire a high strung crazy corporate culture. I'm hoping one of my freelance clients takes me in house at some point. I live in a very petroleum based economy so low oil prices mean things are little slower. 

Well, good for you!  You are still moving forward. Maybe you'll make some great contacts with the new job or utilize some of the skills for your other job.  I think it's great you have a diversified work life.  Don't worry Z!  It will all work together for your good.  I am glad to hear you are doing so great. :)

I have tried to get several higher level positions lately.  I can't imagine why I haven't gotten any call backs.  Unless...I ruined quite a few working relationships and references may be a problem.  Not because of my work history, but because of how vindictive and cruel people can be when pissed off.  I am just going to assume that God is at work and I need to be in this boring ass job right now.  It is not for me to question, it is only for me to do...

• Like 3

I have tried to get several higher level positions lately.  I can't imagine why I haven't gotten any call backs.  Unless...I ruined quite a few working relationships and references may be a problem.  Not because of my work history, but because of how vindictive and cruel people can be when pissed off.  I am just going to assume that God is at work and I need to be in this boring ass job right now.  It is not for me to question, it is only for me to do...

It will happen when the time is right. Rock on sister! :)

• Like 2